Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Must say I'm torn at the moment on which new game to buy...Battlefield 5 looks great(been playing BF4 for almost a year), but so does the new COD Black Opps 4.

How is BF4? I've got it, but haven't installed it yet.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is BF4? I've got it, but haven't installed it yet.

Damn I made a mistake, meant Battlefield 1..But I have Battlefield 4 installed as well. Couple of players and servers still going strong. 

I had a go at the Diablo 1 demo back in the day, life happened and I missed out on Diablo 2.

The Butcher nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I played that demo!

The Butcher nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I played that demo!

He was quite badass wasn't he.

"MUHAHAHAHA! FRESH MEAT!"

Followed by panicked clicking and nearly instant death...

hahahahaha o the memories... laning with the old school cables, with the round connectors. 

I made the mistake once of saving at level 10 or something while dying. Could not retrieve the character. Every time i launched the saved game, I ended up dying. 

Mimimi are making Desperados 3  :w00t:

With the huge success of Shadow Tactics, they have brought the real-time strategy/tactics genre back to life. I have logged over 60hours on Shadow Tactics and am still playing it to get all the badges/achievements. 

I can't wait for desperados. 

Mimimi are making Desperados 3  :w00t:

With the huge success of Shadow Tactics, they have brought the real-time strategy/tactics genre back to life. I have logged over 60hours on Shadow Tactics and am still playing it to get all the badges/achievements. 

I can't wait for desperados. 

Sort of like Red Dead Redemption?

Wanted to carry on where I left off in Batman: Arkham City yesterday, but disc 1 is scratched to shite. Don't know how that happened. So it's a case of either finding a CD/DVD cleaner going for a good price, or getting Arkham City from Steam.

https://youtu.be/EOHAd3FWnNw

https://youtu.be/XGygTwUUfTM

https://youtu.be/UZeTO9pyILo

Decided to stream the weekends BFV highlights. I have to say though.

My utter contempt for EA and everything they stand for is suddenly at risk of being swept under the rug. Simply put I have to give credit to where its due. Despite the disaster that was the pr compaign. Hats off to the devs. This was the most polished beta I have ever played. Period.

Mechanics, movement, hit registration, latency, frames, immersion, everything. Simply brilliant.

Light years ahead of previous battlefield  fps games in general. That's a bold statement.

So why wont I buy it? For starters its overpriced. At just over 1k I'd wait it out. Especially considering that the game modes on offer. As fun as they are. They're still repetitive. The same scenarios are bound to play themselves out. Conquest is still super fun. And level design has improved to minimize the possibility on one side dominating the other. But its still the same old conquest mode as all the previous battlefield games. Once players learn the maps. Its everyone scrambling for the same vantage points, expecting enemies to emerge from the same corners. A few surprises here and there sure. But without the unpredictability that comes with the hype that is battle royale game modes. BFV. As brilliant as it is. mmh I dunno. It simply offers too little in terms of a brand new experience.

https://youtu.be/I3U02jpaDNk

Steamed For Honour some time ago. Super fun game. Think of it as conquest mode in Battlefield where armies fight for territory only here its far more focused on hand to hand combat. The combat system is super cool. Takes a while to get use to as its quite intricate and you have to think on your toes when engaging enemy players. This round played here is a 4vs4 (PvP) game. The smaller clone type guys are all bots. They just fill up your armies when fighting for territory. The 4 players on each side are actual people though and they're easily distinguishable from the bot forces.

Here I managed to pull off a finisher on an anemy Hero. I got lucky as I had help from a team mate who attacked the same guy from behind.