Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded it, and Tried It Lastnight..

Found it Meh...

Prefer Fortnite.

I don't think it will dethrone Fortnite. Not anytime soon anyways.

I've seen some pretty crazy gameplay in Fortnite especially the way players build on the fly during combat. But I feel like the game has already plateaued in terms of what remains to be seen in terms of player creativity.   

Apex has a different angle though. 

It's kinda like Overwatch or Destiny mashed up with PUBG or Fortnite.

Once you learn the characters and each of their abilities it gets pretty interesting. 

These character abilities allow for a much larger scale of randomness, unpredictability and player creativity. So suddenly your impulses during battle have way more options to consider.

Throw in team work chemistry and it gets really hard to assume what happens next. 

I don't think it will dethrone Fortnite. Not anytime soon anyways.

I've seen some pretty crazy gameplay in Fortnite especially the way players build on the fly during combat. But I feel like the game has already plateaued in terms of what remains to be seen in terms of player creativity.   

Apex has a different angle though. 

It's kinda like Overwatch or Destiny mashed up with PUBG or Fortnite.

Once you learn the characters and each of their abilities it gets pretty interesting. 

These character abilities allow for a much larger scale of randomness, unpredictability and player creativity. So suddenly your impulses during battle have way more options to consider.

Throw in team work chemistry and it gets really hard to assume what happens next. 

Fornite Is probably on its apex ATM, and will start decline in Numbers soonish I think, what fortnite has for me is the battle pass challenges they fun to do, and its simpler in terms of game play dynamics and control,

as to those build crazy game play build wars.. cue my son.. he can build a skycraper in no time at all, 

was thinking the characters from Apex remind me of a MMORPG game like Neverwinter, where you have a healer, shield, tank and ranged character, mixed in with game looks of PUBG and some call of duty style supply drops, 

what i did like was the ability to slide.

Edited by The New Me

what i did like was the ability to slide.

It does suit the pace of the game quite nicely. You're also able to climb a vertical surface by holding the jump button. There is also zip lining and no fall damage at all. 

But there are things I feel the game should implement which should feel right at home in the way characters move. Quake or Unreal style agility like rocket jumping, platform boosting and wall running. Double tapping the movement keys for quick dodging would also be nice.

Edited by popcorn_skollie

Waiting for Farcry new dawn... I hope it is worth it. Anyone played Rage before? Rage 2 looks quite cool.

Well I’ REALLY enjoying FC new dawn. Only thing I’m moff about is that I did not buy the Ps pro and a 4k tv when I bought my ps. I think the graphics will be damn good.

Hi guys.. Any pc guys have a mobo for i3 , or mobo and cpu combo thats similar or better with pci express available for sale please . No budget for new right now. Please drop me a line . 082 9266045

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Highlight reel from my favourite streamer.

https://youtu.be/8fE89fBuhuE

Apex Legends has managed to beat Fortnite’s record for single day Twitch viewing. On the 12th of February, the tracker found that there were about 8.4 million hours of matches being watched. This is versus Fortnite in which Season 5’s launch managed to clock 7.2 million hours.

SdZzXfI.jpg

For some context I included the clip above. There are many pro game streamers. Some more popular than others. They broadcast their games live via twitch or youtube and thousands of people tune in just to watch. One of the major effects of live streaming is something called 'stream snipers' Where viewers are able to pinpoint streamers playing. Which servers they are on with insight into where they are on the map and what they see since they're being watched live. As a result these guys know exactly where to find pros streaming and streamers end up being rushed by players trying to kill them. Who are probably watching them live on a seperate screen. So they know exactly where they are and what they doing. It makes for great action though because streamers have to defend themselves against waves of other players. The skill that some of these streamers have however is just inhuman. And more often than not just end up killing everyone that come at them. On this fateful night we ended up having a streamer as our third teammate. Our friends were already squaded up and we were the only two left looking for a random third. And man did we get a good one. The game was intense as people knew where we were and just kept coming at us. He carried us like you wouldn't believe. This guys skill was off the charts. I mean. 14 kills! jeez...We ended up winning what was probably the most exciting round I had so far.