Jozi Audax 2013 2.0

Speed Racer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you keen on going for Super Randonneur (riding a 200, 300, 400, and 600km series of events in a calendar year) status in 2013?

We're looking at the following schedule:

September 200

October 300

November 400

December 600/200

Let me know if you're keen.

The 1000km event will be timed so that it can serve as a qualifier for PBP 2015, and will take place sometime between November 2014 and June 2015.

I hate to be the voice of dissent here. But if they use the same model as for 2011 I believe a 600 or 1000 pre-qualifier will need to be done between around Oct/Nov 2013 and Jun/Jul 2014. Once we get into Jul 14 to Jun 15 events will count as qualifiers and won't count as special cases for early preregistration.

I hate to be the voice of dissent here. But if they use the same model as for 2011 I believe a 600 or 1000 pre-qualifier will need to be done between around Oct/Nov 2013 and Jun/Jul 2014. Once we get into Jul 14 to Jun 15 events will count as qualifiers and won't count as special cases for early preregistration.

Thanks. Will let Eddie know.

The next thrilling installment of the series without end takes place on Sunday 29/9 at Cafe du Cirque in the Deep South. Kicks off at 630. The route is flat and fast (yay), heading out to Three Rivers, Heidelburg, and home. After last Sunday's Southern Massacre, let's hope the wind stays away.

For those of you contemplating the Super Randonneur Series (200-300-400-600), look at it like this: if you can do a 200, you can stretch it to 300km a month later without too much difficultly. If you can do a 300, you can probably scrape a 400. Finally, if you can do a 400, you can definitely do a 600 (two 300km rides, with a nice chow and a bit of a sleep sandwiched between.

The next thrilling installment of the series without end takes place on Sunday 29/9 at Cafe du Cirque in the Deep South. Kicks off at 630. The route is flat and fast (yay), heading out to Three Rivers, Heidelburg, and home. After last Sunday's Southern Massacre, let's hope the wind stays away.

For those of you contemplating the Super Randonneur Series (200-300-400-600), look at it like this: if you can do a 200, you can stretch it to 300km a month later without too much difficultly. If you can do a 300, you can probably scrape a 400. Finally, if you can do a 400, you can definitely do a 600 (two 300km rides, with a nice chow and a bit of a sleep sandwiched between.

Like your SRS marketing/selling attempt :-)

Where did today’s route go?

Apart from the obvious!

Saw 5-7 riders on R550 in Klipriver at 11:35am - assumed they were doing the ride.

Edited by Audaxnut

Where did today’s route go?

Apart from the obvious!

Saw 5-7 riders on R550 in Klipriver at 11:35am - assumed they were doing the ride.

We were on our way to Heidelburg, then onto Dasville (30km from Villiers), then back to the South via Henley-on-Klip. 200 odd km in all. About 20 riders today.