Durban, cycling forcast...

Guest Kalahari ou

I live at Holla (about 1km away) and I work in Giba Gorge. I leave my mtb at the office during the week so in summer I'm in Giba every evening. Enjoying the best of both worlds at the moment but the commuting distance sucks, so busy selling my home in Ballito to move closer that side. I'm really going to miss that town, but won't be missing the insane development, queues and long weekend crowds there.

Lot of Hillcrest residents feel the same way...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of Hillcrest residents feel the same way...

Ja, we're looking at Glenwood area. Carte Blanche put me off your neck of the woods.

Ja, we're looking at Glenwood area. Carte Blanche put me off your neck of the woods.

Haha! We live in Hatton Estates, Pinetown (One of the nicer neighbourhoods. Rates are affordable and you get more for your money here compared to Westville, Kloof, Hillcrest etc.) Area is already built up so no new unexpected new developments. Shopping in Westville or up the hill is about a 15 minute drive including finding parking either way. Not sure where I would look if I was to move...

Lived in Glenwood / Umbilo all my life and it works for everything. Traffic has remained unchanged and it's easy to get in and out of

Guest Latent Blue

We are really liking windston park... trying to get a place here now... 25min to work is fine...

We are really liking windston park... trying to get a place here now... 25min to work is fine...

If you end up at Winston Park you'll have direct access to Giba Gorge without having to ever drive your car there. There's a trail that runs from St Helier rd down into the forest, following the Giba river right into the mountain bike trails. Some nice walking trails in that forest too where bikes can't go. A lekker suburb.

Guest Latent Blue

If you end up at Winston Park you'll have direct access to Giba Gorge without having to ever drive your car there. There's a trail that runs from St Helier rd down into the forest, following the Giba river right into the mountain bike trails. Some nice walking trails in that forest too where bikes can't go. A lekker suburb.

Its also easy via stockville....

But thx didnt know that... hope we get the place sorted...

Guest Latent Blue
Hey just my suggestion: join https://www.facebook.com/groups/cmassdbn/ Critical Mass - Durban that group of cyclist ride at night around durban about 20km. Last friday of every month at Moses Mabhida Stadium. meet at 5h30. leave at 6. Come join us 27 July. hope see you there.

See you there!!!!

Hey just my suggestion: join https://www.facebook...roups/cmassdbn/ Critical Mass - Durban that group of cyclist ride at night around durban about 20km. Last friday of every month at Moses Mabhida Stadium. meet at 17h30. leave at 6. Come join us 27 July. hope see you there.

Fixed.

I've been noticing more and more cyclists - Roadies and MTB'ers doing circuits on Manning Road, past Girls high and then turning again at McDonald Road.

Any of those guys here on the hub ?

Skott I think you mean Critical Mass that happen every last friday of the month at night? or maybe it something else

Skott I think you mean Critical Mass that happen every last friday of the month at night? or maybe it something else

Sorry should have been more clear. I see those guy's on weekday mornings on that circuit.

I know about critical mass, thats something else.

This morning I saw three or four groups of guy's on the Manning road circuit.

I've been noticing more and more cyclists - Roadies and MTB'ers doing circuits on Manning Road, past Girls high and then turning again at McDonald Road.

Any of those guys here on the hub ?

That section of road is very popular, especially between 5-6pm. I used to do those loops when I had spare time. Sometimes ride to Howard campus and do loops in the forest and do a couple more laps on manning, nice and wide.