Chain Lube?

cruiser

Automatic transmission oil - best results so far

took the advice of John Allen on Sheldon Brown's site. Will never look back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thinks squirt is rubbish?

Never again after battling to get it off the cassette. I use Purple Extreme or anything else that looks like oil. Even used TechniBlok sunspray recently but will rather use water than touch squirt again.

I used Chain-L once... after half a bottle of chain cleaner and still completely mucked up, had to soak in paraffin to get the stuff off.

While we are at it........... I am still not sure of where to put the lube, ie where exactly on the chain. On the sides or on the rollers. Where?

SQUIRT...

Lasted me many marathon races. You need to lube the night before, then again the morning. Lasts the full marathon. It looks dry, but it is there. Last marathon was at Clarens and no problems. If you really need to lube again carry a small eye drop bottle filled with Squirt to use at one of the water stations.

Come to think of it, since using Squirt, I have had no chain suck issues as well.

To clean, just taken cloth and clean green. Wipe the chain clean. Cassette - toothbrush and clean green.

I have used R&R, Motorex, Purple Extreme before and spent a long time cleaning drivetrain components. With Squirt it is a 10 min job at most.

Am I the only one that thinks squirt is rubbish?

Never again after battling to get it off the cassette. I use Purple Extreme or anything else that looks like oil. Even used TechniBlok sunspray recently but will rather use water than touch squirt again.

You saw sean's drivetrain at j2c. What a mess....

You saw sean's drivetrain at j2c. What a mess....

Yip - how to convert your 10 speed to 9 speed, use squirt. Never again for me.

Automatic transmission oil - best results so far

took the advice of John Allen on Sheldon Brown's site. Will never look back.

Same here. Using leftover diesel engine oil.

Just went out on my 1st ride with Go chain wax. It was a sloppy wet mtb ride. It seems better than Squirt, my gear changes were smoother and my chain looked cleaner for longer. Squirt seems too lightweight for me - it does not lube enough, it does not stay on enough.

damn glad i dont need to worry. i just use whatever is around.

I do like white lightening clean ride. anyone else notice its not a blue liquid anymore?