RIP Dirty Twin

Brian Fantana

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered that last year at Trans Baviaans one of the two brothers woke up sick and wanted to ride. The other one then locked the bike so that the other one couldn't ride. Always looking out for each other.

I just remembered that last year at Trans Baviaans one of the two brothers woke up sick and wanted to ride. The other one then locked the bike so that the other one couldn't ride. Always looking out for each other.

I met both of them at the finish of TB some years back. The banter was so funny. A dizzy, sleep-deprived Dirt*Girl handed over an "extra-medium" TB jacket. The boys ribbed her about that!

D*G is on hols with hubby and baby but I sent her a message about Colin over the weekend. The brothers seemed very found of her family and that race.

A memorial service for Colin will be held at the Walmer Methodist church PE on 12 June at 15h00.Please spread the word sothat we can give him a huge send off.

Colin was amazing guy, he and Keith showed exactly what mtb was all about. Thanks to them both I am hooked. Always willing to teach other and super funny too. The hockey days in kimberley was also special.

I met both of them at the finish of TB some years back. The banter was so funny. A dizzy, sleep-deprived Dirt*Girl handed over an "extra-medium" TB jacket. The boys ribbed her about that!

D*G is on hols with hubby and baby but I sent her a message about Colin over the weekend. The brothers seemed very found of her family and that race.

The "extra medium", an all time classic.

They were very fond of that race. We would always hook up with them in Willowmore, same as last year. I remember Colin giving me his (vrot) PowerBalance bracelet as he finally realized it was a gimmick, haha. The previous year we all sat and had a snack at a small roadside restaurant across the street from the old start/finish, the Lodge.

I still expect him to pop out from behind a bush somewhere with his hands on his knees as he laughs about how he fooled all of us.

We will be at his funeral at 3pm today.

The "extra medium", an all time classic.

They were very fond of that race. We would always hook up with them in Willowmore, same as last year. I remember Colin giving me his (vrot) PowerBalance bracelet as he finally realized it was a gimmick, haha. The previous year we all sat and had a snack at a small roadside restaurant across the street from the old start/finish, the Lodge.

I still expect him to pop out from behind a bush somewhere with his hands on his knees as he laughs about how he fooled all of us.

We will be at his funeral at 3pm today.

Awesome memories!

Thinking of you all today.

Hi fellow mountain bikers, on behalf of our family and myself, my sincere thanks for the wonderful words posted here.

I cannot begin to express how great a loss this has been for Lolo and Jaryd and for myself. The memories I have from when we were kids to our teens when he would be my co-pilot, to varsity days to later when we would spend every moment possible on our bikes exploring and just living the dream.

Our other vice was coffee, and we saw each other at least every third day for lunch and coffee.

I consider myself to be blessed in that their was nothing left unsaid and that as brothers we truly loved each other, as he loved his family.

If you see me out there in the dirt please say hi and feel free to invite me for coffee.

Once again our thanks for the support.

RIP Colin

Yes this is a true story. I woke up with serious flu, to find that Colin had chained my bike to a pole, and said it would be safe there as there was no way he was letting me ride. I just said "ok"...and went back to bed.

Spudy!!! So happy to see you are back. :thumbup: Wizzle and Captain Chocolate's door is always open for coffee (you will just have to bring your own coffee as we dont have any :blush: ) or milo or tea.

If you see me out there in the dirt please say hi and feel free to invite me for coffee.

For sure! You have to come around so that we can discuss our race strategy for Jansenville! I don't want to be caught napping when you attack!

Colin Heydenrych Memorial Ride:

Sunday 23 June 2013 at 10am.

Please join Lola, Jaryd and Keith at Hopewell Estate for a short, easy ride in memory of our husband, father, brother and friend. Bring your family and join us for boerie rolls and drinks afterwards.

PS please bring your tail-lights

PPS Hopewell have waived their usual fee for the ride

Colin Heydenrych Memorial Ride:

Sunday 23 June 2013 at 10am.

Please join Lola, Jaryd and Keith at Hopewell Estate for a short, easy ride in memory of our husband, father, brother and friend. Bring your family and join us for boerie rolls and drinks afterwards.

PS please bring your tail-lights

PPS Hopewell have waived their usual fee for the ride

I'll be there in spirit.

'Pops' - you are sorely missed.

G