[Event] Cycle Lab Monument Challenge 2013 Presented By ASG

ASG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome new event with something new (a finish up the Taal monument climb!)

Did the loop this morning & the roads look good. Hope to see everyone who can turn a crank on this new race.

PS: awesome prize to Italy!!!!!!

Edited by Look586

Congratulations on a very well organized race with fantastic prizes. I really enjoyed the race, fast and furious with a sharp sting in the tail!

a fantastic event by Cyclelab & ASG

we arrived at 7 bells in chilly conditions the 80 k's left at 9.30am followed by the 110 km race at 10.30am. here are a few pics from along the route and the marshaling point where i helped out at.

unable to get any finish pics as i had to be back at home at 2 pm for a family braai or else my wife would have moer'ed me

post-3482-0-75023500-1372001459_thumb.jpg

post-3482-0-47183600-1372001461_thumb.jpg

post-3482-0-79947000-1372001463_thumb.jpg

post-3482-0-25861400-1372001465_thumb.jpg

post-3482-0-98293500-1372001466_thumb.jpg

Edited by ccc2

Stefan Ihlenfeldt won the elites and a trip to italy.

don't know the other placings or 80 k results.

i certainly hope that this will become a feature on the wpca calendar.

over 200 entrants - couldn't judge the nr of entrants in various categories but the 110 k race had a bigger field than the 80 k.

Edited by ccc2

Stefan Ihlenfeldt won the elites and a trip to italy.

don't know the other placings or 80 k results.

i certainly hope that this will become a feature on the wpca calendar.

over 200 entrants - couldn't judge the nr of entrants in various categories but the 110 k race had a bigger field than the 80 k.

Thanx ccc2

Sounds like it was a success

i certainly hope so.

the route was clockwise from paarl almost the opposite to boulkert sonen which is a challenge in itself, which means most turn were across oncoming traffic hence our helping out along the route with marshaling.

traffic services were tops.

cyclelab and ASG really came to the party wrt the cash prizes and spot prizes.

route was challenging, nowhere to hide.

some of the stragglers should of tackled the 80 k event instead but hats off to them for trying.

80 km had a terrible turnout. Was hoping to get some practice for the Knysna Argus mtb next weekend on my mtb, entered the race, but decided not to ride after I saw the small amount of only road bikes on the start line. About 40 people. Also a lot of people came to the event, saw the small turnout, did not even bother taking the bikes off the car racks, and just left again. Was a wake up call for myself that road cycling is facing some tough challenges. Mtb events are oversubscribed currently. Just saying.

Edited by schalk1982

Remember that the argus cycle tour is a road event over subscribed ;) I rode today, was in the first bunch of unlicensed riders in 110km were only 6 of us, was tough but fun :)

Remember that the argus cycle tour is a road event over subscribed ;) I rode today, was in the first bunch of unlicensed riders in 110km were only 6 of us, was tough but fun :)

I have a road bike and mtb, I decided to use my mtb today because next weekend is the Argus mtb in Knysna. I expected more people, thats all. In Paarl alone there are about 1000 + regular cyclist. To see 40 on the start line was dissapointing.

Edited by schalk1982