How do you run your Rockshox fork?

rouxtjie

Recently purchased a RS Reba 2013 solo air RLT. Now I have owned both a SID and Reba before but didn't really fiddle to much with it(except for running 10psi less in neg chamber, which now falls away with the solo air) and then moved over to a fox f29 which doesn't have a whole lot to play with regarding settings. My question is really around the threshold adjust / floodgate dial. What is your preferred setting regarding this, I like a firm lockout which would suggest turning it all the way(clockwise) to it firmest setting but what do I loose in the process...ie what is the other side of the coin if I go this option...could I damage internals if I have it on its max "stiffness" setting on big hits etc

Lets hear it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently purchased a RS Reba 2013 solo air RLT. Now I have owned both a SID and Reba before but didn't really fiddle to much with it(except for running 10psi less in neg chamber, which now falls away with the solo air) and then moved over to a fox f29 which doesn't have a whole lot to play with regarding settings. My question is really around the threshold adjust / floodgate dial. What is your preferred setting regarding this, I like a firm lockout which would suggest turning it all the way(clockwise) to it firmest setting but what do I loose in the process...ie what is the other side of the coin if I go this option...could I damage internals if I have it on its max "stiffness" setting on big hits etc

Lets hear it.

SPEAKA A ENGLISH??,,, JUMP ON and ride :whistling: :whistling: also run on full lock out on my RIGID :ph34r:

SPEAKA A ENGLISH??,,, JUMP ON and ride :whistling: :whistling: also run on full lock out on my RIGID :ph34r:

Tsek man, trying to look clever in front of you lot. RS documentation is half baked at best

Ping Crow....you know RS stuffs well.

Lets hear it.

Yip, I agree entirely.

i am glad i am over the stage when i use to over think things.... ... now i just ride my bike...

DIE DUTCHIE VIL ERINSTIG WEET

Yebo, the thing with a RS is(I have owned 2) because there is so much tuneable options on it, you can make it behave pretty kuk if you don't get the settings right.

I just bought a bike with a lefty. VERY HAPPY since then.

If I had the money for a new hub, I might have done the same, but just too much money to drop right now...

1568g for a 29er fork that doesn't shoot the lights out ito bank balance...happy days

Set mine up as per JCZA so now have 100m travel as opposed to the 80 with pos & neg psi the same.

Think its 110psi pos - 95 psi neg - I run it a bit less than recommended - rebound 3/4 closed

Im at 83kg.

Hope that helps.

Set mine up as per JCZA so now have 100m travel as opposed to the 80 with pos & neg psi the same.

Think its 110psi pos - 95 psi neg - I run it a bit less than recommended - rebound 3/4 closed

Im at 83kg.

Hope that helps.

Ta thanks Vince, ja look the solo air is pretty simple wrt air pressure since you have no option over the negative chamber I normally go about 15 psi less than what the RS suggestion is to my weight....normally my butter zone. Also the rebound is pretty simple...I like 2 clicks from the "hare"(pretty fast rebound action)...then I happy as larry....The thing I am puzzling with is the floodgate. I like a firm lockout so my thinking is to go for gold and go turn it all the way to its firmest setting.

rouxjie most of us have dual air shocks so we aint gonna be able to helps you wif settings :unsure:

No you will, dual or solo air doesn't make a difference....its the floodgate or threshold adjust that some of the Rebas, SID's and Pike have that I am interested in