Creecking noise

Heel Drop

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was the Free hub - grooves eaten away en something with unit made the creecking noise - replaced all good - still buying tools and looking at youtube vids to start servicing and checking my own bike also doing the course with yello saddle later this year

I had creaking noise and was told by a team mate to oil my wheels nipples. Then explained for 45 min how to do it, remove tyre rim tape, then drop of oil on each nipple both sides. I did this and next ride the group almost fell of their bikes. Turned out just needed a little grease on seat post and no more creeking.

Friend has a cannondale carbon road bike, brand new, creeks a lot. Any suggestions for that?

• 4 months later...

By checking meaning undo , redo no lube here that could be disastrous

My last merida frame creaked all the time unless i put a tiny bit of grease on the contact points of the quick release. Would last about 10 washes then i had to reapply. Try another quick release or at least try the grease option to eliminate this part

I'm goona put some money on shoes. Sometimes the cleat wears and you get some carbon/plastic sole rub between shoes and pedals...

+1

almost every time I get the creaking noise I grease the pedals, noise gone.

The bearings, the threads or sommer just all over :wacko:

almost every time I get the creaking noise I grease the pedals, noise gone.

Mine is always the seatpost / saddle...wash, wipe with rag, fresh grease....problem gone

Whenever my Yeti starts creaking, I take out and apply a bit of grease to the surface of the headset bearings.

I think the headset is the source of a lot of creaks

on my wifes bike the creaking and clicking is the crown of the fork. its no gone in for warranty fix...

from this..it seems that there are quite q few places that can be a cause for creaking!

Mine was seat post...lucky me!

Whenever my Yeti starts creaking, I take out and apply a bit of grease to the surface of the headset bearings.

I think the headset is the source of a lot of creaks

What frame is that?