Which helmet??

M L

Bike shop owners love it when you go in and try on their helmets for size then go buy them online.

Trying it on locally then ordering online is a a tacky move and will not make you any friends with your local stores.

And don't forget to add the 40% duty and 14% VAT to your overseas prices.

The idea of upsetting LBS kinda slipped my mind, but now i know better. if i do decide to go online, i guess i will just have to bite the bullet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my propero is on it way out....it is old though and was an awesome lid....

Anyone know of specials at the moment

Anyone here got a catlike whisper....if yes what size is your noggin and what fit did you go for?

So my propero is on it way out....it is old though and was an awesome lid....

Anyone know of specials at the moment

I am also looking to replace my current lid, really keen on the Spez S3 but damn 1900 zarels is a bit rof

Take a look at the Bell Sweep race as well. I owned one a while ago. Seriously comfortable helmet and they have a good crash replacement warranty as well

If you decide to ignore budget then get yourself a giro aeon. The best helmet I have ever owned. Seriously serious helmet

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Anyone here got a catlike whisper....if yes what size is your noggin and what fit did you go for?

Think its gonna make you climb like Quintana??

Think its gonna make you climb like Quintana??

of course my horse, just need some selftan and lose 100kg...then I am there

PS my lid broke over the weekend, the straps more specifically....

I am also looking to replace my current lid, really keen on the Spez S3 but damn 1900 zarels is a bit rof

spez make some lekker accesories, my propero was like 4 years old, and I didnt look after it at all.

of course my horse, just need some selftan and lose 100kg...then I am there

PS my lid broke over the weekend, the straps more specifically....

Catlike had a special a while back, will see if I can find it

Catlike had a special a while back, will see if I can find it

yea that is why i went with it, got the special from rush...couldn't beat the value. Would have loved a lazer helium but 2800 ronds....eina.

yea that is why i went with it, got the special from rush...couldn't beat the value. Would have loved a lazer helium but 2800 ronds....eina.

velolife had a special but its over. What about spez again? I'm loving the S3

The Propero at R 1200 is more helmet than most people can handle.

Yea was extremely happy with my porpero 1....it was really good and ticked all the boxes, especially the fit. Also i didn't look after mine at all and still managed 4 years out of it. the ruber clasp thing at the back has disintegrated so it is time for a new one.

I recently changed to the Rudy Project Zuma and I love it. Well priced and very comfortable.

velolife had a special but its over. What about spez again? I'm loving the S3

yea that is for 2012 models @ 1300 bucks...not bad. Rush had them for 1100 incl overnight shipping...which is a huge bargain so really came down to that....

Would have gone spez no problem, just got a really good deal on the whisper....might bite me later on since spez has set the bar pretty high wrt helmets

Edited by rouxtjie