(re)Introducing CITEC wheels...

Eldron

My Santa is with BogusOne for a facelift - now I am thinking about breast inplants too. Hmm those wheels look good. Can they handle a 90kg fatty that doesn't pick lines too good?

For sure. I'm 83kg and have done Epic, Joberg2C, world XCO champs and a bunch of training and racing on mine and they're fine...all I've done in 2 years and many many km is bearing change in front wheel and a retrue on the back after Joberg2C.

I'm a fan :-)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new M1800AS wheels on an OnOne :-)

How sweet is the monochrome build?

Hi Eldron

I have just bought the exact frame and am looking for a set if these wheels, please send me the prices.

Also, how do they fit? My frame has 130mm spacing, is your rear hub a 132,5mm?

For sure. I'm 83kg and have done Epic, Joberg2C, world XCO champs and a bunch of training and racing on mine and they're fine...all I've done in 2 years and many many km is bearing change in front wheel and a retrue on the back after Joberg2C.

I'm a fan :-)

OK that is now two Hubbers that I respect that says I will be OK (I also received a PM with a very strong endorsment) - please send me the damage (after considerable easing of the numbers). 29'er QR please.

I was hoping to buy the new Scott fatbike (Big Ed I think), but this makes more sense...

Guest Karma

OK that is now two Hubbers that I respect that says I will be OK (I also received a PM with a very strong endorsment) - please send me the damage (after considerable easing of the numbers). 29'er QR please.

I was hoping to buy the new Scott fatbike (Big Ed I think), but this makes more sense...

I love mine. Do it.

Hi Eldron

I have just bought the exact frame and am looking for a set if these wheels, please send me the prices.

Also, how do they fit? My frame has 130mm spacing, is your rear hub a 132,5mm?

The wheels are standard 135mm QR wheels - I've fitted them to numerous QR frames without issue.

I'm 99.999999% sure they're right but if in doubt pop round and we'll do a test fit.

Been toying with the idea of some carbon mtb wheels for a while, what are the real world advantages besides looking smooth and fast.......

Eldron, Please send me prices.........

Apologies - somehow I didn't manage to follow my own thread and missed your post. Prices send :-)

Been toying with the idea of some carbon mtb wheels for a while, what are the real world advantages besides looking smooth and fast.......

This is an interesting question....here is my opinion:

If you want carbon wheels it's only worth going carbon if:

1) You want a deep section carbon wheel - alu is more dense than carbon so the deeper the section the more carbon makes sense weight wise.

2) You lika da bling/pride of ownership - don't underestimate the power of pretty :-)

3) You get a FULL or predominantly carbon wheel - early "carbon" wheels were a traditional aluminium rim with a bonded carbon aerofoil. All this did was make the wheel even heavier than a standard alu wheel. Technology has improved and the carbon to alu ratio is improving - just be mindful of where along the ratio your perspective "carbon" wheel is.

4) Carbon tubbies - these are super light. Far less practical than clinchers but super light!

I reckon most people buy carbon for reason number 2 and why not? We ride our bikes because we love them!

This is a very nice reply. It was the exact thing I was wondering about. I will make my call soon.

Another set of Ascender S wheels ready to go to a good home...

The WTBs fit nice and snug - no need for a compressor to seat these bad boys.

The monochrome also looks well clean.

We like!

I have one set of these wheels left at R8,000 if anyone is keen? Excluding the cassette, rotors and tyres of course.

Edit: Last set sold. You hubbers rock :-)

post-2412-0-65905900-1404933642_thumb.jpg

Another set of Ascender S wheels ready to go to a good home...

The WTBs fit nice and snug - no need for a compressor to seat these bad boys.

The monochrome also looks well clean.

We like!

I have one set of these wheels left at R8,000 if anyone is keen? Excluding the cassette, rotors and tyres of course.

Hi Darryl

Do u have road tubbies at all?

Hi Darryl

Do u have road tubbies at all?

I don't stock tubbies locally but they are certainly available - check out www.citec.de for details or PM me what depth/use wheel you're looking for.

I fly everything in so lead time is relatively short.

Hi there, I'm building up a 650b. Could you send me pricing on alu and carbon. Need 15mm thru on front and QR rear ( do the wheels come with converters or factory set?)

Any idea on weight for alu & carbon?

Cheers

Hi there, I'm building up a 650b. Could you send me pricing on alu and carbon. Need 15mm thru on front and QR rear ( do the wheels come with converters or factory set?)

Any idea on weight for alu & carbon?

Cheers

Howzit!

The 650B Ascender S is only available in Alu at the moment and the weight is ~1,536g (26 is 1,440g and 29er is 1,680g). I think the carbon 650B and 29er will be released at Eurobike this year but Citec are really hush hush at present...

The wheel comes standard with QR front and back but adaptors are available to make the front 15mm TA and rear 142x12TA.

I will PM you pricing now....

Archived