Classified section

MTB_Roadie

Something which irritate me...people buying stuff for cheap and then end up selling it for more on the same forum.

Isnt the whole point of this section to help fellow hubbers out? But now there is people who makes a living from it...

Rant off.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could get a 2013 carbon Santa Cruz Medium for "cheap", but no classified posters have felt benevolent enough thus far. :(

What did you miss out on, and by how much? :whistling:

Edited by Brogue

Did that, then the guy made it very clear he didn't like it. So I stopped. Only buy and sell for friends if I see good deals.

Personally don't see a problem with it. Some people are in need of cash or don't have the time to wait for a buyer to get the price they wanted. So some people buy a bargain and others make a living. Live and let live.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Did that, then the guy made it very clear he didn't like it. So I stopped. Only buy and sell for friends if I see good deals.

Personally don't see a problem with it. Some people are in need of cash or don't have the time to wait for a buyer to get the price they wanted. So some people buy a bargain and others make a living. Live and let live.

Hub name miskien? Wheel and deal :ph34r:

Wheelerdealer, I dont mind if you buy it, but dont sell it a few hours/days later at the same forum then...sell it somewhere else. I just state my opinion that not everyone can sit online 24/7 staring at the for-sale section to make a quick buck...the seller also will get a buyer soon if the price is good.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I suppose it depends on what it is you bought. If you buy a bike which needs TLC and you fix it up you should be entitled to sell it for a profit.

I suppose it depends on what it is you bought. If you buy a bike which needs TLC and you fix it up you should be entitled to sell it for a profit.

I mean basically the guy take delivery and sell it as he got it...just for an extra bit

I mean basically the guy take delivery and sell it as he got it...just for an extra bit

In that case I agree, it's kind of an ethics issue.

Hub name miskien? Wheel and deal :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Wheelerdealer, I dont mind if you buy it, but dont sell it a few hours/days later at the same forum then...sell it somewhere else. I just state my opinion that not everyone can sit online 24/7 staring at the for-sale section to make a quick buck...the seller also will get a buyer soon if the price is good.

Whether one buys it here and sell it here or sell it somewhere else is exactly the same thing. Only difference is now you see that the guy is selling it.

I know it has a emotional attachment but he can do what the hell he wants with whatever you sold him. You sold it...

It can be unethical but this is split with a thin line. I don't do it anymore but I know of people who do it, also buying parts and building up a bike then selling it. Same principle. You feel done in cause you feel you could have gotten more for it.

If I was in your shoes I would be a bit peeved. Otherwise why can't people do that? I have bought stuff to sell at a profit. Nothing wrong with that. Supply and Demand.

I have sold stuff for dirt cheap on the hub. If they put it up on the hub that's life.

I didn't sell anything I was looking at buying something...wheelerdealer I was not referring to you btw...I was just saying in general.

Exactly my point. Some people have the time, extra cash to "invest". You don't have the extra time, and the trouble of doing such a deal is too much for the reward. For some people it can make a difference.

I didn't sell anything I was looking at buying something...wheelerdealer I was not referring to you btw...I was just saying in general.

Ja I know :thumbup: .

It irritates me as well if I see a good deal, want to buy it and then see a certain hubber has already placed dibs, and I know for a fact he is going to use it to build up a bike and then sell for a profit.

Solution. Take away the following of the classifieds. No one will sit 24/7 waiting for a steal to sell at a profit.

Edit: so your point is, you miss out on good deals cause of people wanting to buy them and sell at a profit? Hahaha. Maybe follow some of the classifieds sections you are wanting an item for.

Edited by wheelerdealer