MTB trails in Ruimsig

jacbor

Thanks to all the guys for Saturday it was a blast and the group of guys are great.

Heia Safari ranch anytime again. "Please leave the pool area immediately when the Zebras are drinking from the pool"

Karel - nice bunny hop :clap:

post-45101-0-16351500-1372087929_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Info On Heia Safari

The routes are a jv between In Touch Sports and the owners of Heia , thanks for the good comments , but yes its still very new , we are working hard on allot of new additions , in the next few months there will be no less than 50km of mtb routes , trail running routes , open water swimming and off road triathlon , we have a partnership with ASG on some of the events including the Jozi Night Rider and will be rolling out info on a number of new events soon . at this point we are not charging , you can just come and ride , would also appreciate any constructive advice and ideas on things you would like to see done , and we will do our best to add

Thanks to all the guys for Saturday it was a blast and the group of guys are great.

Heia Safari ranch anytime again. "Please leave the pool area immediately when the Zebras are drinking from the pool"

Karel - nice bunny hop :clap:

Sweet pic

the zebras are pretty tame just dont go behind them , there were a group of about 40 cyclists there last weekend when we were testing the floating bridge and the Giraffes were keen to join , running alongside the cyclists and then deciding to follow them accross the floating bridge , breaking it 3 times and sending our cost of build through the roof , but hey all in the name of fun

Info On Heia Safari

The routes are a jv between In Touch Sports and the owners of Heia , thanks for the good comments , but yes its still very new , we are working hard on allot of new additions , in the next few months there will be no less than 50km of mtb routes , trail running routes , open water swimming and off road triathlon , we have a partnership with ASG on some of the events including the Jozi Night Rider and will be rolling out info on a number of new events soon . at this point we are not charging , you can just come and ride , would also appreciate any constructive advice and ideas on things you would like to see done , and we will do our best to add

Dflip keep up the good work cant wait to see what the 50km trail will look like. One of the guys that was in our group suggested maybe some chicken mesh over the floating bridge.

Hi Dalem - I had a look at your route and I do some sections of it when I do a Sunday on my own ride, so my question is Can I do your route on my own and how safe is it?

It is pretty safe, we have never had any issues. On most rides, there are only 2 or 3 of us and we have never felt threatened or unsafe.

The only sections where I feel could be dangerous, are those near lanseria where you are in the middle of the bush with no one in sight.

Drop myself or dorpie a pm if you are keen to join us. We try and get a ride or two in during the week (afternoons from 3ish) or on weekends

It is pretty safe, we have never had any issues. On most rides, there are only 2 or 3 of us and we have never felt threatened or unsafe.

The only sections where I feel could be dangerous, are those near lanseria where you are in the middle of the bush with no one in sight.

Drop myself or dorpie a pm if you are keen to join us. We try and get a ride or two in during the week (afternoons from 3ish) or on weekends

Thanks for the invite - it is a bit difficult in the week but wil definitely try.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys Dont forget the Jozi Night Rider this friday evening 19 July at Heia Safari Ranch

there are 4 events

10km Ladies race : 4:30pm Start

Kiddies 3km :5:30pm start

20km : 6:15pm start

10km : 6:30pm start

you can enter online at www.asgevents.co.za

or there will be line entries at the start

chaeck out the facebook page : In Touch Sports for info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys the next Jozi Night Series is this friday 16th august at Heia Safari , getting a bit warmer so looking forward to a great event , there are entries at the start

• 1 year later...

They have welded the passage closed at the top of the stadium now so you cant get through to the trail to lead you down past the dams onto the quarry road which is a pity as you cant do that loop now.

Gates have been opened again and trails is flowing through to the bottom fence is looking good. the bottom fence is also open