fulcrum vs mavic

tristanmck

I only have experience with Mavic Ksyrium Elites.

Zero complaints over 3 years.

Also have the Mavic Ksyrium ES, no complaints at all! Never used Fulcrum before but would love the red racing one's.

Fulcrum is technically Campy... so you loose style points for using it with Shimano or Sram groupos :)

I have some Fulcrum Zero's that are kick ass.

Looking to sell them actually. I like my deep sections, which are probably worse wheels, but have a better look on my bike.

Fulcrum racing 1.

These are made by Campy, I would guess it is the equivalent of Eurus. If so, it would have Record hubs, which are superb. (better than Mavic hubs imo)

Also, look at these aero tests of older wheels, the Campy wheels have less drag than Mavic. The Eurus in the test took 27.8 watt to turn at 50km/h, while the Ksyrium ES took 33.2 watt.

http:// http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-15505311.html

I have Mavic Ksyrium Equipes... Was thinking about Fulcrum Racings for a while, but in the end took the Mavics. Very happy with them.

Google reviews on both to get an inbiased answer. Look at reviews from Bikeradar, Roadbikereview and Roadbike Action. Forums like Weighteenies also have credible reviews by the normal guy on the street. I have only had Mavic Aksiums and Elites and no complaints. Important is the back up service for spokes.

The racing 1's are awesome wheels. Don’t worry about the Sram/Shimano comment, Campagnolo launched Fulcrum to target the non Campag camp. Having said that, I have to admit that the latest R-SYS SLR's are the sexiest wheels on the planet right now.

would it be worth it upgrading my mavics to the fulcrums?

Which Mavic do you have? You're welcomed to come try my Fulcrum Zeros...

I've had both sets...

Technically (specs, weight, technology) there's not much in it, but I preferred Fulcrums...

I have been looking at the Kysirium SLS. Just under 1400g a pair with an alumunium brake track. The coating on the SLR's I have read are prone to scratches and require special pads as well. Mavic have released new carbon rims the 40C and 60C which they say combat the problem with carbon clinchers heat build up. Im sure the Fulcrum's are reliable if made by Campag.