How is your winter training progressing ?

Seeker911

Personal best yesterday on my road bike. Broke a barrier I have been targeting for years. Hopefully it will last to summer. :)

Excellent!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine took a slump after cullinan because got bronchitis, but had a decent ride over the weekend

Doing Haute Route Alps from 18 -24 Aug. 7 Timed stages, 880km, 20 cols, 22000m of vertical climbing from Geneva to Nice, the whole length of the French Alps. Did a lot of training, but pray that it was enough!

WINTER TRAINING???????????????????

post-39984-0-50368900-1371587732_thumb.jpg

C'mon Brogue, get on your warm socks and roll...

Doing Haute Route Alps from 18 -24 Aug. 7 Timed stages, 880km, 20 cols, 22000m of vertical climbing from Geneva to Nice, the whole length of the French Alps. Did a lot of training, but pray that it was enough!

Wow!

All the best!

Edited by ' Dale

Im lazy in winter, Im allergic to cold... so much so that it causes severe bitching and whining

I am still steady with 2-3 rides over 7-8 hrs per week.

Nurturing my 6 month old son and what goes with that leaves me getting to the top of the climbs a little slower than usual though.

Im lazy in winter, Im allergic to cold... so much so that it causes severe bitching and whining

Heehee

Been struggling a bit with the early morning rides, always end up with a post nasal drip (well pretty much blocked nose as well at night) and within a day or 2 a sore throat :cursing: . Fortunately I can ride at lunchtime but it's a bit of a bummer as my boet can only ride before work, well more for him than me :ph34r:

Anyway gonna ride at lunchtime in the week the next 2 weeks then only start the weekend morning rides about 7 and see if it clears and is better.

Still been managing Ok though and maintaining at least a bit of fitness so hopefully when summer eventually gets here I'm good to go ....

Getting old it's not for sissies :whistling:

They have been keeping the Strand pool nice and warm, so the swimming is going well.

Now if I can just get the cycling back on track...

did my first 5km swim pool set last night, didn't break any records but was pretty happy with it.

1500m Easy

500m Pull

250m (25 fly / 25 breast)

125m backstroke

125m free

400m fast (7m02) fast for me considering how tired my arms are

300m easy

200m (4x50 sprint on 1 min)

600m moderate

1000m easy - 20min

was very happy overall. 1h42