Wines 2 Whales - 2013

Francois Pienaar

On entering the uphill switchback single track at the end of day 2 (before the pack houses), there were 4 guys and 2 ladies in front of me. By the time I got to the top, only the 2 ladies were still in front - not because I was fast and past the guys, rather all of them had fallen / bailed / rode into a tree etc. I don't think I saw either of the ladies 'dab' once. Well ridden!

Hanlie and Sharon? They rode away from about 4 male teams up that switchback singletrack as one by one the guys would mess it up. Impressive riding indeed. I don't even bother to ask to pass on single track when I am behind them because half of the time I can't spare enough oxygen to speak, and the other half I am nowhere near close enough to actually pass ;)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ;)

Yip - DC is the one ride us rouleurs can get our revenge on the mountain goats. I'm a little nervous though - we're trying to go one better and end up on the podium this year. The pain cave awaits.

:eek: :clap: :clap: , I am sure we will hear how it works out. You planning on riding in the torrential weather this weekend as part of your training ? :whistling:

:eek: :clap: :clap: , I am sure we will hear how it works out. You planning on riding in the torrential weather this weekend as part of your training ? :whistling:

I got my Saturday ride in before work this morning, so that just leaves Sunday in the rain