championchip entering scam?

didi3

Eeish Championchip shares just went down 45%.

People who own businesses must either have degrees in PR themselves or hire professional pr people.

Its not rocket science - making your clientele "feel" happy about your product or services is No1 priority , it looks like in this case the bigshots have their heads in the sand! :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of brave cyclist willing to boycot events because they feel done in when it comes to sost. Can I ask, how many of you have been involved with presenting a race? NONE. I can see it from your comments. If you see what effort it takes and what costs are involved in presenting an event, your blindfolds may just slip off to give you a shot of reality. I have been involved in Cycling events for 14 years now, but this year will be the last. I am sick and tired of spending my time and effort to arrange a great event supporting a fantastic charity, just to be insulted by fault finding low lives.

So please go ahead, boycot races, most of the people moaning do not do races in any case, most of the big clubs with the large membership numbers do not even present races, ask them why.... The reason is that the big clubs are not willing to risk being criticized by YOU. They take your money and may host training rides, but do very little else in sponsorship or supporting charities.

Want races? organise it yourself! See how you can do the best for your charity, not take any money and still present a safe enjoyable race!!!

Good Luck

Bahahahhahaha.

This is sooooo funny.

You forget that BIG races were organised not so long ago by hand timing. Effort but still. It was done.

With WT taking over every big race these days and Digitime creeping up.....add the MTB boys doing their own thing.....

Really a crap attitude to have I would say.

This is really easy.

"Sorry we were not structuring our pricing correctly and will amend it immediately." statement to your loyal participants.

Then you ad R10 to the entry fee and suck up the bank fees.

Shame man.

Besides.

WTF has organising a race and "organise your own race" have to do with getting screwed with bank fees? Seriously? You think people are THAT dumb?

Lastly.

There are people on here that I know personally that have organised bigger races that you will ever have the privilege to do. So rather focus your attention on getting your marketing and public relations correct before making uninformed comments on a public forum.

Good luck!

I have been involved in Cycling events for 14 years now, but this year will be the last. I am sick and tired of spending my time and effort to arrange a great event supporting a fantastic charity, just to be insulted by fault finding low lives.

Ok, bye!

This is quite pathetic .... bottom line is that you should read the entry site carefully, check what you are paying. Weigh up the odds and decide whether or not to enter the race.... I like Champion Chip, but I also like RaceTec and SAS coz they provide a service I'm willing to pay for!!

Eeish Championchip shares just went down 45%.

People who own businesses must either have degrees in PR themselves or hire professional pr people.

Its not rocket science - making your clientele "feel" happy about your product or services is No1 priority , it looks like in this case the bigshots have their heads in the sand! :(

shares can drop even more.

I tried to enter the "Jakaranda spring tough ride" only to discover that the c/c surcharge and admin fee are still added just before you pay.

After all the comments on this forum and even their own admission that "in retrospect it might have been better bla, bla, bla" it looks like they don't give a $#@% for their own name and carry on regardless!!

Looks like they cost us the Carousel already, who's next?

I suppose most people don't care and just pay up, but the maybe 10% that do care make a big difference in the sustainability of a race.

Maybe just get racetec to do all SA races then would be easier to do a national seeding ladder with less hassles.

Monopoly is not always bad, economies of scale.

Haha "Losing time" got to love it.

But in terms of cycle event timing they are the biggest when you compare the amount of events they do against other timing companies.

Only because of the cycle tour qualifying and seeding events. The attempted timing monopoly. Wt service not half as good as CC.

Only because of the cycle tour qualifying and seeding events. The attempted timing monopoly. Wt service not half as good as CC.

WT is now called Racetec, and when last did you make use of their services?

Years ago when they were still known as " Loosing Time" it was the case.

PPA is using them exclusively here in the WC, and the results are up very quickly, sometimes even before I get home from the race. Any problems / queries is handled promptly and efficiency.(of which there are very few, I never had any so far)

Two years ago at the DC a team mate and myself rubbed wheels, and my chip got damaged (basicaly destroyed). I picked up the pieces and at the finish immediately went to the Racetec Caravan on the line. I got helped immediately, my finishing time got captured and I got a new and improved version of the Racetec Chip, all within a few minutes and I did not even pay for the new timing chip.

Now that is service!! :thumbup: :clap:

Edited by Wannabe

Welcome to the hub transporter, you wouldn't by any chance transporting bicycles to the argus do you?

WT (I take it that you mean Racetec) service not half as good as championchit, how did you work that out??