29er want to buy

flat29

Did your research exclude Specialized for some specific reason? Juuuust asking.... :whistling:

Phone them a week ago (x2) for a bike in my price range but nothing yet from them.

Realy dont want to kiss their ass to buy a bike

All the other brand came back with something, do they tihnk they are special :whistling:

Edited by flat29

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone them a week ago (x2) for a bike in my price range but nothing yet from them.

Realy dont want to kiss their ass to buy a bike

All the other brand came back with something, do they tihnk they are special :whistling:

If that's the case, I'd have done the same. (And I say that riding a 29er from their stable, though.)

Edited by SeaBee

2nd hand carbon framed bike, risky if you dont know the previous owner personally and even then I'd be wary. Oh and it's not just carbon, any 2nd bike is a gamble, just check it out properly is all I'm saying.

Most manufacturers don't transfer warranties so its a R25k+ gamble.

That being said you could get an awesome machine for that cash, or less, from Booth perhaps. Good reviews, good service and it includes a service plan.

Just adding another option to mess with your brain. Enjoy.

You've got a point about the warranty and owner. True, you're never sure how much the previous owner has thrashed the bike, yet carbon frames are very easy to fix as long as its not a serious crack (which u can usually see anyway).

• 3 weeks later...

ok here is my feedback

Spoke to a bike shop and is waiting for my delivery on my new Stumpjumper carbon comp ht 29er :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you tax man

Edited by flat29

If that's the case, I'd have done the same. (And I say that riding a 29er from their stable, though.)

Got one from anothr shop

My 2c...

All of them are quite level pegged.

Now, look for the following:

1. FULL XT or XT setup (and I mean full groupset)

2. GREAT set of wheels, like Stans rims or so.

Then last bot not least, get the one YOU would like to ride as well (taking all mentioned points into consideration).

A good wheelset can set you back another 6k, so make sure you get the bike with the best complete mix (groupset, wheels and then the one you like)

Happy hoopin

My 2c...

All of them are quite level pegged.

Now, look for the following:

1. FULL XT or XT setup (and I mean full groupset)

2. GREAT set of wheels, like Stans rims or so.

Then last bot not least, get the one YOU would like to ride as well (taking all mentioned points into consideration).

A good wheelset can set you back another 6k, so make sure you get the bike with the best complete mix (groupset, wheels and then the one you like)

Happy hoopin

Have a spare set of stans crest at home for this bike. Thanks

Enjoy it man!

Back to our previous comments - it just peeves me when you get such crappy customer service. Why should it be needed to phone a second shop?! And around this side of the country, we don't exactly fall over Spez shops, now that they've gone the "exclusive" way. (I am not a fan of that approach...)

MERIDA BIG 99 PRO-XT 2013

http://www.merida-bikes.com/en_za/bike/2013/29/Full+Suspension/Big+Ninety-Nine+Pro+XT-Edition

Full carbon dual susser frame with XT components, shouldn't set you back more than R25,500. Excellent value for money!

Went to Hot shot cycles in Atterbury today to look at Momsen bikes and then saw this as well ... Very tempting, especially as I actually wanted to get a Spez Camber but starting at R22k with relatively poor components, need to go to early R30k to have XT in the mix.

To complicate matters they have TdF specials including a Scott spark 920 for R31k from R35k, but that stretches my budget way to far :-(

• 2 weeks later...