29er want to buy

flat29

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momsen & Silverback are best value !

(if it helps, the Silverback Storm won Bike of The Year in Austria ! )

Guest Latent Blue

Anyone of these three. If it was me id go for the Cannondale... But that's just me

+1000 on the 'dale

Based on what you want to spend, I was in a similar boat 4 weeks ago and what I ended up doing was hunt for a really good 2nd hand 29er. I ended up with a Specialized Epic Expert Carbon :thumbup:

Just wanted to put that thought out there because you can a fantastic bike and allow the first owner to have taken the big price knock.Consider it

Good day. I want to get a new bike, 29er.

I have done some fishing. Please give your opinion not dream

Momsen sl 729 carbon 2013 full xt

R23,500

Cannondale f29 1 alu x9 x7 mix

R23,500

Silverback storm 2013 carbon xt

R25 000

BMC Teamelite te29 alu 2012 ox

R23 500

GT Zaskar 9r carbon Elite slx x7 mix

R24 000

By a second hand bike, for that much u can get something amazing. :whistling:

Based on what you want to spend, I was in a similar boat 4 weeks ago and what I ended up doing was hunt for a really good 2nd hand 29er. I ended up with a Specialized Epic Expert Carbon :thumbup:

Just wanted to put that thought out there because you can a fantastic bike and allow the first owner to have taken the big price knock.Consider it

I know i can get a good deal 2nd hand. Will look around. thanks

By a second hand bike, for that much u can get something amazing. :whistling:

2nd hand carbon framed bike, risky if you dont know the previous owner personally and even then I'd be wary. Oh and it's not just carbon, any 2nd bike is a gamble, just check it out properly is all I'm saying.

Most manufacturers don't transfer warranties so its a R25k+ gamble.

That being said you could get an awesome machine for that cash, or less, from Booth perhaps. Good reviews, good service and it includes a service plan.

Just adding another option to mess with your brain. Enjoy.

Edited by sk27

2nd hand carbon framed bike, risky if you dont know the previous owner personally and even then I'd be wary. Oh and it's not just carbon, any 2nd bike is a gamble, just check it out properly is all I'm saying.

Most manufacturers don't transfer warranties so its a R25k+ gamble.

That being said you could get an awesome machine for that cash, or less, from Booth perhaps. Good reviews, good service and it includes a service plan.

Just adding another option to mess with your brain. Enjoy.

Thanks for that. Will check it out