Seeding help

Active Monkey

Iv done quite a few MTB races and 1 momentum 94.7

How and where do i see my seeding for road and MtB?

And how do i interpret the results?

www.saseeding.co.za for MTB

or google KIA Rankings

and for Road use PPA website - there is a link for road seeding

Even the PPA seeding baffles me thats why I let PPA do it. Have a look at PPA site under seeding and it explains how they do it. My understanding is that your most recent best times are taken and they score the ride on difficulty and compare as well the winners time. Each ride they use then counts a percentage to determine weighting it carries towards yor seeding. You might do a good Burger and do a bad 94.7 a week later and when they do a seeding run your Burger counts 80% of weighting. I am guessing thats how CL does it as well. I know of some guys that if they have a bad ride they wont actually cross the final timimg mat to have the result not counted.

I know of some guys that if they have a bad ride they wont actually cross the final timimg mat to have the result not counted.

That really just shows they have no clue of how the seeding works, a bad result will never count against you, only the good results count for you

Edit - unless you don't want anybody to see how badly you sucked on the ppa results webpage

Edited by Skubarra

The PPA one I find is really accurate once you have ridden for 2 seasons, you find yourself riding with people exactly your strength, if not a little above it.

I am finding I should start one group down even so not to be dropped with 10km to go. (but that has more to do with my lack of training and not the seeding :P )

I find the rides that dont use PPA seeding, many people to high out of position and get in the way of the rest of the people in the group.

Sa seeding sucks, even thou have done numerous mtb races since 2011 it only shows one in beginning 2013.

This year alone i have done 6 and only that one shows.

Sa seeding sucks, even thou have done numerous mtb races since 2011 it only shows one in beginning 2013.

This year alone i have done 6 and only that one shows.

I've been saying that for years! and so has the rest of the hub. just search for SAS threads and you will see all the complaints...

A bit off topic but I just checked out my seeding on the KIA MTB rankings, they updated the Sani2C results on it.

Seems the Sani2C turned me into a cycling god because my cycling buddy who effortlessly kicks my butt at every race we do together (he didn't do the Sani but does well in the MTN races) is suddenly ranked 4000 places below me. Gonna enjoy telling that to him :thumbup:

I know of some guys that if they have a bad ride they wont actually cross the final timimg mat to have the result not counted.

Racetec use the best three results to calculate a seeding. Not crossing the line doesn't make any difference, as that ride wouldn't be included in the calculation anyway.

Edited by Brogue

Saseeding site has been down since monday... Error stating it is no longer available?

yep, they are useless

and then on the Kia seeding, My friend's race index is 10 points lower (better) than mine on SAS, but I am ranked 3000 places better than him on the Kia site?

Seriously seeding companies, can it really be that hard to get it right? WTF

Guest Karma

yep, they are useless

and then on the Kia seeding, My friend's race index is 10 points lower (better) than mine on SAS, but I am ranked 3000 places better than him on the Kia site?

Seriously seeding companies, can it really be that hard to get it right? WTF

You have a friend?