Trade in your old Garmin

Seeker911

Garmin upgraded my old FR405 to a 910XT for R2212, door to door, in 10 days. Sweet deal, great service!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Battery maybe? How old is the HRM? Maybe chuck a new battery in and see what happens.

Thanks, that was my first thought as well. Replaced the battery and still the same thing.

Happened to me. Tried a new battery but this did not help. I bent the connecting pin inside the battery housing and bobs your uncle.

Did phone armin and they are willing to replace my 305 for a 500 for less than R1200 with all the goodies.

Don't think it is a good deal though as you cannot flag waypoints. was offered the 800 for R2100.........Just too much for a toy I feel?

I'm convinced the problem is in the strap itself as the module works fine when I use a borrowed strap.

The premium straps are @#$% and garmin has confermed this I have been through 3 in a year.

send it back with proof of purcase and they will replace it, but ask for the hard all in one strap.

Well that sucks... Where did you send it back to? I think I might need to go through agents as I bought mine from amazon..

is upgrading from the 705 to the 800 worth it ?

I'd also like to know...

What irks you about the 705?

What do you hope to gain with the 800 vs the 705?

What irks you about the 705?

What do you hope to gain with the 800 vs the 705?

Nothing 'irks' me about it, but like upgrading to a new car or nicer house, new gadgets are always cool.

I'd like to know if the 800/810 is better than my 705. If I take the 705 in to sort out the problem and it's terminal, I'll possibly upgrade.

My Polar S725x recently started giving problems. I took it to the agents and they said

"Sorry we no longer carry spares" :(

For new models - I cannot fault Polar's service.

BUT Garmin wins hands-down (i.m.o) for customer service.

is upgrading from the 705 to the 800 worth it ?

I'd also like to know...

For what i paid, absolutely!!!

I've yet to load race maps etc. But we used it to get to Tulbagh once. And it work lovely. To date mine has given me not a single issue

My Polar S725x recently started giving problems. I took it to the agents and they said

"Sorry we no longer carry spares" :(

For new models - I cannot fault Polar's service.

BUT Garmin wins hands-down (i.m.o) for customer service.

What they should of said was

"Sorry we no longer carry spares, buy a garmin"

:)

With the *** design of the 310xt it's only a question of time before the front glass screen cracks :-(