Scalpel 2 or Ghost AMR Lector 2990 or Superfly 100 Elite

Chopper Jr

I'm looking to buy a dual suspension 29er. Without considering cost I'd like anyone's opinion on the three options below.

They all weigh just under 11kg. The Ghost has the best components and groupset but I cannot find a single review online. The Scalpel seems to have the most positive reviews.

Cannondale Scalpel 2

Ghost AMR Lector 2990

Trek Superfly 100 Elite

Santa Cruz Carbon Tallboy 1 or 2 frameset. Fit your own group and wheelset. Sorry, any 3-way comparison should have a 4th wildcard to make it legit :whistling:

Edited by Brogue

Depends on groupie to me, can always get a new frame and transfer groupie etc. always shock how canondale will sell a bike for 20k plus and fit it with SLX.

All 3 awesome bikes. I have a Ghost 2978, so I am biased. The geo on the ghost is a little less racing snake and a little more all mountain that the others, but only by a hair. That means better descending but slower climbing. With that said, the Magalies Monster Marathon was won on a ghost (speaking under correction) so it sure aint slow. The groupo, shocks and wheels are all top shelf. Correct me if Im wrong but the ghost comes with full xtr, fox ctd kashima front and back, easton wheels, ritchey carbon cockpit, etc - right? If it were my money, it would be the ghost. call Jason or Adam at bbtrading.co.za for the best pricing. Enjoy!

Lefty all the way......been riding the Flash 29er for 2 years now......would love to try the Scalpel!

btw.......rode the 26' Scalpel for 2 years before the flash.........Lefty all the way!

Lefty all the way......been riding the Flash 29er for 2 years now......would love to try the Scalpel!

btw.......rode the 26' Scalpel for 2 years before the flash.........Lefty all the way!

isn't it lefty halfway?

;)

Scalpel 2:

Sram carbon crank, S7 FR, XTR RD, Avid Elixir brakes, XT shifters, and Stan's ZTR Crest wheels

Superfly 100:

Full XT, Fox Performance front and back, bontrager race x cockpit and Bontrager Race Lite wheels

Ghost Lector AMR 2990:

Full XTR, Magura MT8 brakes, Fox CTD Kashima front and back, Ritchey WCS carbon cockpit, Easton EA 70 XCT wheels

I rode Mr lector , Nice bike, Rode the surgeons knife, couldnt get use to the single fork setup,it freaked me out, but it rode well, and well lets just say i am am superfly guy :) now, but not the elite mind you :(

Dude all are awesome bikes get what appeals to you the most , but good luck :)

I'm tending towards the Ghost but only because of the top end spec...

I literally cannot find a single review of the bike anywhere online, which I thought was rather odd...

I ride the 2012 Trek Superfly Carbon and its awesome!!! great handling 29'er and the geometry of the bike is spot on!!!

• 2 weeks later...