Which road wheelset?

flatwheel

Looking for a decent, light, non aero road wheelset in the R5000 - R7000 price bracket ... any suggestions? Any dealer recommendations?

The mavic Ksyrium Elites are great wheels... Light and fantastic all round wheels... You can also get great secondhand deals here if you are patient.

Also look at Campy shamals. A bit above the price but again if you look around a bit you can get it at a great price secondhand... There are a lot of good wheels out there at that price range...

At that price you can probably look at any top of the range (Non Aero) wheels, given that they might have to be secondhand. But that's not really a problem as wheels can always be serviced. These top end wheels cant really go that much wrong, maybe a bearing here and there but that's easily repaired with a service

Just my thoughts

Looking for a decent, light, non aero road wheelset in the R5000 - R7000 price bracket ... any suggestions? Any dealer recommendations?

Kysiriums are 1550g, if you want lighter in that price range look at Darkhorse 38mm weighing at 1250g.

Cant beat Shimano Dura Ace C24s. Super hubs, low weight, best aerodynamics for a low profile rim, bladed spokes, carbon bling. I would start with CRC and CWC.

Cant beat Shimano Dura Ace C24s. Super hubs, low weight, best aerodynamics for a low profile rim, bladed spokes, carbon bling. I would start with CRC and CWC.

I could'nt find a weight on C24s but they available from CWC at R5500 down from R6500. I have never used them before. I am a bit biased towards Mavic as even from their Aksium's they are bulletproof. Only ones I would stay clear of are the R-Sys with carbon spokes.

C24s are 1482g per set.

I have a set of Mavics, too. Im not a Mavic fan - very poor aerodynamics, and they had a stupid freehub design for a long time. Many team mates had insane rear hub squeal on Ksyriums - not difficult to fix every now and then, but you can get better for the money from Shimano, Fulcrum or Campy imo.

Campag Shamal's or even Eurus/Zonda. I'm in love with mine. Light, medium section and most importantly: bullet-proof.

I have some Fulcrum Zero's I'd let go for 9000...retails for 12,500 or so.

A seriously good wheel set, that has hardly been used.

Why not Easton's EA90?

I'm also quite suprised that Easton hasn't gotten a mention yet.

Or how about some American Classic 420.?

The Darkhorse 38mm look like a good option too.

Of course, that puts you in the semi-aero class as opposed to non-aero as you requested.

Edited by Thomo

I have 9000km on my easton EA90 SLX set, very light and strong. As soon as they worn, I will get the new tubeless EA90's.