Wi-Fi at events

alleyne

Is it really free or do the wi-fi providers charge the organisers who just add the cost to the entry? I don't mind, just asking.

agreed, I don't want yet another thing to up the entry price. Not to be negative but I guess you are planning to charge the event organisers whom will then add it to the entry fee.

I can see the need at stage races but I doubt I'd use it. I don't see a need for it at 1day races at all.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, I don't want yet another thing to up the entry price. Not to be negative but I guess you are planning to charge the event organisers whom will then add it to the entry fee.

I can see the need at stage races but I doubt I'd use it. I don't see a need for it at 1day races at all.

i think that is what i am trying to say....i would rather use congested 3g than pay to use wifi

i think that is what i am trying to say....i would rather use congested 3g than pay to use wifi

There is obviously a cost that has to be paid by someone. At this stage it is meant more as an option for the sponsors to get their brands out on social media etc. But I fully understand your concern and as a rider I also do not want "extras" like this pushing up the entry price

Our brand would love it; for example at Xterra Buffelspoort I could barely get any tweets out, half of the live updates never went out. Would greatly enhance value for me on race day. Would love to see it implemented.

Online activities has become integral to modern lifestyle. One just cannot be just cut-off from the world out there anymore. Even if we would like to think so.

It will certainly attract out of town entrants as well.Us cyclist love to cycle from onr WiFi-enabled Cafe to another lol.

Hi Tienie

Congrats yours was the lucky reply. Will post some wallets for you to choose

from shortly!