Tracking USPS Parcel

zappa

How do I track a USPS parcel once it arrives in SA?

This is the last tracking message I received:

Priority Mail International Parcels

Missed delivery - Scheduled for another delivery attempt today

July 15, 2013, 5:19 pm

SOUTH AFRICA

International Parcels

that will arrive via the normal post office, if you call them they should be able to give you a local tracking number which they assign as soon as the parcel lands in JNB......

if you have an international tracking number, just put it into the speed services/SAPO tracking and it will give you the local tracking number and where it is http://www.parceltrack.co.za/

The tracking message you received will probably have a post office stamp on it, if so ring that post office.

Edited by shaper

Is this the same for parcels from Germany? I have a tracking number for DHL Germany

• 6 months later...

Customs is fairly quick as long as all docs are in order, it's the bloody local postal service that sucks balls. Package from the states arrives in SA within 5 working days and another 10 working days to get to my post office for collection....that was my last international experience fromt he states.

Thanks Guys, have found it, hopefully tomorrow new frame to play with :clap:

FRAME? your lucky, usually USPS doesnt handle items over a certain max size, (includes most boxed frames)

My parcel left Los Angeles on the 17th January and arrived in my post box today, 24th, so not to bad. Paid no duties at all. No tracking no was issued locally, so it was not possible to track it locally.

• 5 months later...

For those that have dealt with USPS, what does "Depart USPS sort facility" mean?

I take it this is their hub for packages and goes to the airport from there and then to ORT here?

This was 2 days ago though, with other tracking I've usually had a notification as it leaves the country and lands here. Possibly it's left there but will only show up again once scanned here. Or maybe the tracking is delayed? Or should I try see if it's here and I can get a local tracking number from EMS?

This is a priority mail international parcel from Boseman, Montana and from my understanding should be trackable all the way so there should be more tracing info coming.

Thanks,

WW.

For those that have dealt with USPS, what does "Depart USPS sort facility" mean?

I take it this is their hub for packages and goes to the airport from there and then to ORT here?

This was 2 days ago though, with other tracking I've usually had a notification as it leaves the country and lands here. Possibly it's left there but will only show up again once scanned here. Or maybe the tracking is delayed? Or should I try see if it's here and I can get a local tracking number from EMS?

This is a priority mail international parcel from Boseman, Montana and from my understanding should be trackable all the way so there should be more tracing info coming.

Thanks,

WW.

try this site, is pretty good at tracking from origin to destination http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

sometime you will just get that it has left country of origin and nothing else for a few days, keep checking then it will one day say arrived at country of origin

after that you can just use the local track and trace, just put in your international reference and should give you local.

At this moment in time, seems a lot get held up in customs here, like 5 to 10 days!! my last parcel 2 weeks ago took 6 days to clear customs

Thanks Shaper. Now says

July 10, 2014 , 11:11 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Eish very slow and quite frustrating!

Was supposed to go via FedEx express which is a 3-5 day service supposedly (which I paid a lot for!) but now I see it's gone via USPS. Bit miffed and will need to sort this with the seller.