Will 2014 be the year of the FAT Bike?

Hairy

I hope it does take off they are so COOL. I ordered my fatboy can't wait. Next would be to arrange some trips in Namib desert. I have been talking to the 4x4 guys there and they are keen on doing a fat bike desert run. Please PM me if you are keen on something like that

Edited by Borealis

For interest sake... Would it be a big difference between a 26er and 29er? I see some brands have still only got the 26er Fat bikes...

I'm so keen to try one out. Just for fun on trails n stuff. I posted this on the other Fat bike thread so sorry if you've seen it. It's a great vid' as it's fat fun in the forest rather than sand, snow etc and looks like a blast.

Also want a bottle cage like that. And a ride-in brewery.

Nice video, but Peter Sagan and many others will do all that on a road bike. No need for a fatty.

But spending money on a Fat bike only makes sense to me if you ride knee deep snow, the beach or similar surface, or if you already have a shed with every other type of bicycle.

I think it's a "cool kid" thing (industry driven). . . . It will pass.

Just my 2cent

Edited by IH8MUD

Nice video, but Peter Sagan and many others will do all that on a road bike. No need for a fatty.

But spending money on a Fat bike only makes sense to me if you ride knee deep snow, the beach or similar surface, or if you already have a shed with every other type of bicycle.

I think it's a "cool kid" thing (industry driven). . . . It will pass.

Just my 2cent

Yip, 29'er plus is a more viable option.

Quick edit.

No, it's not industry driven, often we become our own worst enemy because we always want something different as we become bored.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

No, it's not industry driven, often we become our own worst enemy because we always want something different as we become bored.

100%. I just want one because it's seems like different feeling, a different ride and a different challenge. To mix it up.

Bored is right. I surfed every day on a std 3 fin thruster and recently I was getting frustrated and bored, I started surfing less and less. One day picked up a 6ft modern single fin for a laugh and that changed my surfing completely. It also got me pumped again. I've got 9 boards in the shed and only 2 are 'std' 3 fin thruster set ups, the rest are single fins, thrusters, a longboard, bonzers etc. All designs that were passed over and some that were put down as a fad.

Yup the big boys are jumping on the fat wagon because there is a market for it now and the ground swell has been building so it must make financial sense. Could be a phase but so what if it's fun, it's still fun and if you keep riding it and enjoying it then it's not a phase or a fad. It's your bike.

And why not .... I think it would be really fun to ride I'm planning on putting the baby seat on the back and cruz around.

So if you can afford it ...... it will be fun and is that not why we cycle?

Have been very Happy with the Spearfish so the new Salsa Bucksaw caught my attention

http://www.salsacycles.com

If you are going to go BIG - Go FULL SUSS BIG!

Like an MX bike without a motor!

I wouldnt mind giving it a go... downhill only, no way I wanna pedal that thing uphill