'mini enduro' Cycle Knysna Avalanche 4 August 2013 = sunday

deviate

https://www.facebook...91085947574123/

it takes a slightly different approach, all segments are timed via strava and it runs in a team of 5 format or individual.

not any technical trails , just fast flowing single track for anyone , an awesome beginning!!

972048_10151835225314575_1470509911_n.jpg

994866_10151835311164575_914939697_n.jpg

182943_10151835289159575_1567214053_n.jpg

1017736_10151835289069575_1614166230_n.jpg

944546_10151835287619575_522109523_n.jpg

999573_10151835235809575_1536814678_n.jpg

1069175_10151835235504575_1299919569_n.jpg

Where are these trails in Knysna? Are the open to the public?

Where are these trails in Knysna? Are the open to the public?

The event is on Rob Dormels farm and is hosted by him. He usually has a honesty box when the trails are open. Best to contact him. I've never been there myself and I'm missing this event unfortunately !!!! It's more karatera than Knysna. It's above sedgefield basically. Perfect half way between Knysna and george

Looks great. And in one of my favourite parts of SA.

Just needs some rocks imported to make a couple of rock gardens and then a few logs to make some rollers, drops, kickers etc.

The event is on Rob Dormels farm and is hosted by him. He usually has a honesty box when the trails are open. Best to contact him. I've never been there myself and I'm missing this event unfortunately !!!! It's more karatera than Knysna. It's above sedgefield basically. Perfect half way between Knysna and george

Next time I head that way I will check it out. Will definitely be up there round Xmas, would be cool if something like this was organised then.

Looks great. And in one of my favourite parts of SA.

Just needs some rocks imported to make a couple of rock gardens and then a few logs to make some rollers, drops, kickers etc.

Next time I head that way I will check it out. Will definitely be up there round Xmas, would be cool if something like this was organised then.

this isn't one of our enduro's but we are planning an enduro event in December probably the week after dirtopia. most probably 5 stages all in Witfontein George (where they did the nationals DH a few years back)

some sick new trails almost finished!

but if we don't you guys can just send me a PM and ill show you all the trails you want.

there are some big plans in motion! we're planning to link 36+ kms of single track. the first new trail was just finished on Wednesday and the first xc event was held on it on Saturday . shame, it was a bit gnarly for most of those xc guys, even though I got my ass kicked into fourth from first on those segments .

this isn't one of our enduro's but we are planning an enduro event in December probably the week after dirtopia. most probably 5 stages all in Witfontein George (where they did the nationals DH a few years back)

some sick new trails almost finished!

but if we don't you guys can just send me a PM and ill show you all the trails you want.

there are some big plans in motion! we're planning to link 36+ kms of single track. the first new trail was just finished on Wednesday and the first xc event was held on it on Saturday . shame, it was a bit gnarly for most of those xc guys, even though I got my ass kicked into fourth from first on those segments .

Thanks for the offer, will be good to ride with someone else who rides a decent bike GT FTW!!!!

Awesome concept! Great to see more enduro events popping up :thumbup:

I think this Enduro format is the way of the future. I think these events are going to start popping up all over the place.

I think it's safe to assume that awesome singletrack is what people really enjoys about mountain biking, so instead of doing marathons where 90% of the event is on boring dirt roads linking the singletrack together, why not just cut to the chase and focus the event around the sections that people really enjoy.

It need not be massively technical nor fly off mountains (although there's a place for that too), fun-to-ride short timed sections, predominantly downhill, but some pedaling in between is good too.

Fitness vs technical skill maybe 50/50 rather than 90/10 as is the case with most marathon style races.

I also see this featuring in stage races. Even multi-day races where a single day consists of several timed sections with regrouping in-between, and shuttle starts for partial gravity assistance to the increase the amount of downhills relative to the uphills.

This will give people a full days riding, or several days thereof, where the emphasis is not on busting your balls for months to get fit enough to participate, or be competitive.

This is the general idea:

Trans Provence

http://www.trans-pro...om/format.shtml

If anyone attempts to put something like this together in SA, I'd be the first to sign up.