Super 15 rugby

lone.*

Only New Zealand is able to field more competitive teams in my opinion.

SA and Aus are already stretched in terms of talent.

Rubbish, we've got plenty of talent! Look how well the 'discards' at the Kings did this year. They scraped the barrel and some 'fringe' players really stood up. Go look at the 40+ SA players in europe at the moment. rathbone, vickerman, tiaan strauss, andre vos, sarel pretorious, robert ebersohn...all guys who went and played for Aus super rugby teams and a better chance of playing each week.

New zealand are so good at super rugby because they've had the same franchise system for 17 years now.

SA has alot of talent just can't win when it counts

cricket, bulls, stomers, sharks for exp

Let's not confuse issues ...

Nobody questioned whether SA has talent, it was whether we have enough talent to field a 6th competitive Super rugby team.?

Rubbish, we've got plenty of talent! Look how well the 'discards' at the Kings did this year. They scraped the barrel and some 'fringe' players really stood up. Go look at the 40+ SA players in europe at the moment. rathbone, vickerman, tiaan strauss, andre vos, sarel pretorious, robert ebersohn...all guys who went and played for Aus super rugby teams and a better chance of playing each week.

New zealand are so good at super rugby because they've had the same franchise system for 17 years now.

Let's not confuse issues ...

Nobody questioned whether SA has talent, it was whether we have enough talent to field a 6th competitive Super rugby team.?

I reckon we got more than enough talent for 6 teams relative to Oz for 4 teams, if you look at the Kings this year going in there cold turkey and dong okay, in theory with with the right coaching, experience and guidance they would only get better.

The problem for me in SA is coaching, we have almost no good coaches - it is embarrassing...

We also have another two/three teams of players overseas plying their trade who could in theory be called apon should the circumstances be right.

SARU is loosing it Big Time. How the Hell do they want to Field 6 Teams?

Agreed, I think they should close the competition to any further numbers. These guys are getting injured frequently and often one finds the last few matches in the competition being more about who's dealing with the least amount of injuries and less about which team is actually the best.

Our rugby is as good as anything NZ and Aussies can put up but we ended up this year with the least talented teams competing for the playoffs. The Stormers and Sharks were decimated by injuries and both, at full complement on a good day would have wiped the field with both the Bulls and the Cheetahs. These were due, in most experts opinions, to playing too much rugby.

I believe that the format should be reduced back to 12 teams with a straight everyone plays everyone once, and then progressing through to the playoffs. Unfortunately one of 2 SA teams would be at risk and history tells us they would be the Lions and the Cheetahs. But we all know the $ is the ultimate factor. If you had to be hammered week in week out by 120kg supermen would you also not extend your earning potential by popping off to Japan for a bit of easy fun. Its almost like choosing between the adventure and race events in mountain biking.

Our rugby is as good as anything NZ and Aussies can put up but we ended up this year with the least talented teams competing for the playoffs. The Stormers and Sharks were decimated by injuries and both, at full complement on a good day would have wiped the field with both the Bulls and the Cheetahs. These were due, in most experts opinions, to playing too much rugby.

I believe that the format should be reduced back to 12 teams with a straight everyone plays everyone once, and then progressing through to the playoffs. Unfortunately one of 2 SA teams would be at risk and history tells us they would be the Lions and the Cheetahs. But we all know the $ is the ultimate factor. If you had to be hammered week in week out by 120kg supermen would you also not extend your earning potential by popping off to Japan for a bit of easy fun. Its almost like choosing between the adventure and race events in mountain biking.

Yeah, I also agree on cutting the rugby back... but the players then will get less money which they won't agree on. If it goes to 16 Teams two pools of 8 would be great with a playoff thereafter.