Countermeasures against trucks.

Moriarty

I have been commuting on the roads on and off for 32 years now, it has become more and more unpleasant and dangerous, but it seems to me that with the number of cyclists that have been killed with no serious consequences to the drivers, motorists are becoming more and more brazen in their attempts to wilfully cause an accident/collision. I don't think I'm imagining this, especially with large trucks and buses where no costly damage would be done to the vehicle.

My question is, clearly the legal route of complaints/charges do not work, are there good ways to disable trucks or buses when stationary or moving slowly that would make the owners/drivers think twice when they try to run cyclists over?

My question is, clearly the legal route of complaints/charges do not work, are there good ways to disable trucks or buses when stationary or moving slowly that would make the owners/drivers think twice when they try to run cyclists over?

Legally?

are there good ways to disable trucks or buses when stationary or moving slowly that would make the owners/drivers think twice when they try to run cyclists over?

ARE U FOR REAL?????? there are so many freds today that are clearly just trying to troll are u for real,, WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST TRUCKS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO HIT CYCLISTS AT 80KM/H

are there good ways to disable trucks or buses when stationary or moving slowly that would make the owners/drivers think twice when they try to run cyclists over?

ARE U FOR REAL?????? there are so many freds today that are clearly just trying to troll are u for real,, WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST TRUCKS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO HIT CYCLISTS AT 80KM/H

Dunno why so many parents named their kids Fred!

What the hell is happening to this forum, either the old age home or the creche has hijacked this place.

Dunno why so many parents named their kids Fred!

No I meant when they have passed me or stopped.

Any incitement to physical damage to the truck would intensify the situation and lead to more death, not less

This is my dilemma, I have been going through this in my mind and am not convinced that this is the best option.............

No I meant when they have passed me or stopped.

i work on trucks,,,YOU ARE A BUG TO HIM AND HIS TRAILER, you will not be felt,

best thing to do is get the company name FLEET NUMBER, and take it from there with the owner, if the owner laughs it off,,WAIT OUTSIDE WITH A TYRE LEVER FOR THE DRIVER

Legally?

Dude, there is never a good way to disable a moving vehicle, the only thing you're likely to do is cause an accident of which you would probably be a part of.

To simply disable a parked vehicle...that would take about 20 seconds and can be done with a decent pair of side cutters.

intentionally damaging the truck => malicious damage => Illegal, you then no better than the driver.

But can't argue the feeling, wife myself and little one nearly got taken out by a VW combi on Saturday, and the guys was acting with meaning/intend, was behind me, 1/2 m, touched my brakes, trying to get him to fall back, next second he was next to passenger door and swerved right, trying to push me into the wall, missed it by millimetres, wife was in tears/shocked.

pretty much attempted murder in any other country.

G

Dude, there is never a good way to disable a moving vehicle, the only thing you're likely to do is cause an accident of which you would probably be a part of.

To simply disable a parked vehicle...that would take about 20 seconds and can be done with a decent pair of side cutters.

It would be better to contact the company concerned and report their driver.

I have been commuting on the roads on and off for 32 years now, it has become more and more unpleasant and dangerous, but it seems to me that with the number of cyclists that have been killed with no serious consequences to the drivers, motorists are becoming more and more brazen in their attempts to wilfully cause an accident/collision. I don't think I'm imagining this, especially with large trucks and buses where no costly damage would be done to the vehicle.

You will end up in jail