So Giant may dump their 29ers!

nigelhicks

Are you new here ;-)

We read nothing, we don't engage brain, we don't do logic - we do knee jerk baby. Live by the seat of our straight jackets man.

Logic is for losers, reading is for professors, thinking is for poets who's girlfriends have recently dumped them - we do none of them pansy assed stuffs - it's all react react REACT! Booyah!

Hahahaha...

Yeah, I suppose I *should* know better, but heck. It really grates my carrot sometimes. Logic is not bought, although it should actually become a commodity it's in such short supply.

Same with common sense. Sheesh. Don't get me started!

Aaaaaanyway. Posers will be posers.

And I penned a line the other day at the Tokai trail build. The okes that bitch about the status of the trails all the time, yet do nothing to help and provide no input as to what they want in the trail, yet always have an opinion on how a feature is wrong?

Yeah. They're Bitchers. Not Pitchers.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giant does not gamble with dropping a sub standard bike that gets bad reviews.

But they do produce bikes that crack all across the board. :ph34r:

Anyone have any idea of what the pricing is going to be for the 2014 range?

Up big time with the rand falling out of bed, but just a question of how much.

I reckon if the pricing is good the Trance 27.5 will be a big seller as the do-all play bike. I don't think there's going to be that much of a market here for the 27.5 anthem, except maybe in the smaller sizes. I wouldn't buy an anthem 29er, or pretty much any 29er for that matter, smaller than medium. But I can't see the 29er going anywhere soon. A 100mm 29er is still the right bike for XCM and stage races, which is what everyone here seems to be in to. The 27.5 anthem looks like it would be the thing to have for XCO, but that's not a big market in this place.

Concerning the wheel size debate, I can't see why you wouldn't want bigger wheels as long as you get the geometry sussed (excuse the pun) for the riding you're doing. It looks like they are building the longer travel 650b/27.5's these days without having to make any compromises on geometry (that you have to make for a long travel 29er). 650b is really just a new improved version of 26. I think it's too close to the 26 for them to both have a long term future.

I said it numerous times in this thread. But people just don't seem to GET it. "Depends on Market Feedback" means that they MAY get rid fo the niners if it is proven that the market prefers 275 to the niner trend.

If the niner trend continues in a particular bike (XTC for example) then that bike stays niner. If the rest start to favour 275 then they will phase out niners inthat model. If it's pretty equal, well then both stay.

It's not rocket science. Just logic. And common frikkin sense. But people (MANY on here as well as PinkBike) seem not to have any of that in their heads. Like their parents picked them from the Factory Defect aisle in their local Kwik-e-Mart

FFS. All that has to happen is for them to READ the article. Not form an opinion based on the opening sentence.

/Rant off.

Lots of blurred lines and marketing BS in that article of thiers, with some caveats thrown in.

Giant: 26-inch for sure, but 29-inch will be dependent on market feedback. That said, if the market progresses the way we believe it will, 29-inch will be phased out in approximately two years....again, totally dependent on market feedback.

That little underlined part is a subtle way of telling a potential buyer that they seriously need to look at buying Giants 27.5 bike because they believe the 29'ers will be out in two years.

Hell if the Giant boys believe this, there must be some truth to it, after all Giant have been doing this a while ...

See what they did there ?

The market dependent caveat is just that. Who in there right minds will still manufacture product X when everyone is buying product Y.

Anyway, I just thought it was amusing.

Edited by Skott5