The EAI Val de Vie MTB Challenge, presented by Bestmed

ASG

Ffs you not serious.I get a mail saying registration only on Friday and Saturday in Paarl or Val de Vie ,not on the day of event.Most people are coming from far out,if this was known before I would have entered one of the other mtb events on the day.Any chance of refunds?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs you not serious.I get a mail saying registration only on Friday and Saturday in Paarl or Val de Vie ,not on the day of event.Most people are coming from far out,if this was known before I would have entered one of the other mtb events on the day.Any chance of refunds?

I just had the same meltdown...grrrr. Im not driving to Paarl on Saturday to register.

In support of copperhead's post. I can also confirm after an email from ASG that you WILL be able to register on Sunday morning.

Now I don't have to find a way to explain to my significant other why oh why I can't make her year end function on Saturday.

When I phoned I was told only certain people who stay very far away can register on Sunday.Can ASG confirm that anyone can register on Sunday.

Hey guys this is what I can share from my side but I agree with Stringbean and think AGS should also make an official comment on the hub.

Sent: 21 November 2013 11:56 AM

To: Andre

Subject: RE: Val de vie registration

Yes Andre you can on Sunday morning! J

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:46 AM

To: wandra@asgworld.co.za

Subject: Val de vie registration

Hi

Hope you are well. Can you perhaps tell me if there will be a chance to register on the Sunday before the event/

It’s quite far for the guys in Cape Town to drive to Paarl just to register and then drive through again the next day.

Please please give me good news or I will have to skip this race L

Hi Guys,

For those of you coming from far away - registration will be open on Sunday morning from 06h30.

See you there!!

Rgds

ag

Its gunna be fliiipping Hot on sunday! Uh uh, nie vir my nie dankie! Enjoy

Been saying this for weeks, starting a 60km race in Paarl at the end of November at 8:00am, is asking for trouble.

See the 30km has been moved from 10:00am to 9:30.

They must be starting this race so late to give the organizers time to drive through from JHB on Sunday morning.

Been saying this for weeks, starting a 60km race in Paarl at the end of November at 8:00am, is asking for trouble.

They must be starting this race so late to give the organizers time to drive through from JHB on Sunday morning.

I think they just did not bother to change the start times from the original winter start times. It is already going to be scorching hot at 8am in the Paarl - Accuweather predicts 36 with a real feel of 39. I wanted to do the ValDeVie but I`m rather going for a training ride at 6am and avoid riding in the oven.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/za/paarl/301198/weekend-weather/301198

I think they just did not bother to change the start times from the original winter start times. It is already going to be scorching hot at 8am in the Paarl - Accuweather predicts 36 with a real feel of 39. I wanted to do the ValDeVie but I`m rather going for a training ride at 6am and avoid riding in the oven.

http://www.accuweath...-weather/301198

Me too, I am not scared of heat, but above 35 in Paarl is crazy hot. Not fun riding a bike in such heat. So i am also skipping this time.

Ek chop af in enige iets bo 30grade, as jy in Knysna groot geword het teen 21grade as n jaar average, kan n ou nie adjust nie...pity, sal like om dit te gedoen het.

Hopelik kry ASG dit reg om die happy medium te vind wat weers omstandighede aan betref volgende jaar!

Edited by BrandonF

oh for gods sake. you should all try racing in a british summer in the cold and wet. that will teach you to appreciate the heat!

Jis maar julle capies kan moan, ek sal wat wil gee om in so mooi plek my fiets te kan ry as ek in die Kaap gebly het.

Jis maar julle capies kan moan, ek sal wat wil gee om in so mooi plek my fiets te kan ry as ek in die Kaap gebly het.

Ou maat, jy ken nie die Paarl hitte nie, dis iets anders. Net soos ons Capies nie donderstorms ken nie. Fietsryers is almal gewoond vroeg opstaan. Ons doen dit daagliks, 99 persent van die races begin vroeg. Vir verskeie redes, wind kom later, hitte, ander verpligtings later indie dag. Vir n race om so laat te begin is onnodig.