[Event] West Coast Express 2013

mdk555

I just saw the winning time is 2h06min at an average of 40.42 km/h. Must have been scorching in the lead! Suddenly my fastest ever time this morning is looking rather pedestrian.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatr ride with some mates from temp.Lovely day on the bike.

Were you in cycles direct kit? Who went with the kamikaze's?

Thanks to the guy in the hub kit who helped pace me up the climb after I had dropped off the back of the group I was riding with. (I was in the black and red Cycles Direct kit) :clap: :clap: :clap:

That must have been me

Were you in cycles direct kit? Who went with the kamikaze's?

Yes,by the climb I think there were 4/5 left.I thought I better wait for the rest of the group at the top before I get K@ked out again.

Yes,by the climb I think there were 4/5 left.I thought I better wait for the rest of the group at the top before I get K@ked out again.

Was eina! What you clock eventually, we did a very sore 2:17, my buddy put and kept me in hurtbox. I was dropped at climb

Yes how did your ride go I lost the bunch @ 80 km I was sleeping and they were gone

I suffered those last 5 kms. Shame I think everyoone was getting tired. Everyone was just looking for wheels to sit on. It was a abit of a screw up. The bunch fell apart and there were about 4 or 5 guys ahead of us and 3 or 4 of us crossing the line in the second group.

Was me. Babse, was in bed he won't be on bike for atleast a month

How's he doing?

That outriders guy who hit the signboard came down hard, just saw him fly over his bars and land on his shoulder

I just saw the winning time is 2h06min at an average of 40.42 km/h. Must have been scorching in the lead! Suddenly my fastest ever time this morning is looking rather pedestrian.

That's quite quick! I feel kinda good-ish about my time then :) Was my fastest too. 2:32. Meezo you guys were ripping it! 2:17 is pretty damn quick! Especially concidering you had no real big bunch to sit with.

I punctured at 12km to go. First time that has happened to me in a race. Saw about 50-80 cyclists past me. Not a good feeling.

My result om racetec not right. Over 8 hours and a average speed of 9.5km/h. I had a bad race, but not that bad!

My result om racetec not right. Over 8 hours and a average speed of 9.5km/h. I had a bad race, but not that bad!

Phone them tomorrow morning, they're usually quite good sorting it out within a couple of days.

Great ride again and an awesome event. It felt like it was a bit slower this year I reckon than last year. Started in 'i' group which had more B riders than anything else and before I'd even cleated in they had made a break for it.

Second I group formed a decent bunch with some really nice guys and did a decent pace (though not killing it) until the next bunch came flying through with a load of B's and Out riders on the front and pushing just before the climb.

Saw FRAIL fly down the outside and take some big turns on the front. Saw a decent crash when someone rode into a workmans sign.

Good day in the saddle with very little agro or bad riding. Met some awesome people. Wind cut up the groups and showed who knew how to ride in the wind and how not to miss the split. Pulled a 2:22, not overly great but not too bad either.

Funniest thing was my buddy finished about 5 mins after me and checked his results and they've posted him at 9hrs 19m and he wasn't the slowest according to Racetec.