Who's Doing the USN Race - Red Barn Saturday.

Natashap

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That single track on the 30 was AWESOME!!! Also had it all to myself for the most part - kept thinking I was lost! Will def go back.

Entered the 50Km and got 45Km at the finish in C batch, marking must have got fixed somewhere.

That single track on the 30 was AWESOME!!! Also had it all to myself for the most part - kept thinking I was lost! Will def go back.

same here - i know the Barn's single track quite well, nailed that last forest section hard! i love riding at the Barn!

i am a bit concerned about the gathering of results at the end - 2 people standing there, writing down the numbers of the riders as they cross? i though the idea of the SAS board is to scan it? what if they miss a rider, or write the number down wrong?

Edited by wiledog_x

Awesome ride, Pity about the poor organization/Admin for number collection and the poorly marked course.

Route marking was a joke.

I entered 50 and ended up with 45kms, and most the guys at the sharp end ended up riding 40kms. Dunno who went wrong but all I know is the results are gonna be a mess.

Any idea when results will be posted and will they be posted on usn or saseeding (site seems to be down) or both?

Results are on spectrumsport for shorter distances. Organizers are trying to work out how to publish 50km results.

Edited by jcza

gonna be very interesting...even the front runners didnt finish. I saw on strava Henry Uys only got 40.

gonna be very interesting...even the front runners didnt finish. I saw on strava Henry Uys only got 40.

Don't hold your breath.

I cannot see them posting any results for the "50".

There should never have been a prize giving at all.

Seems like the USN races are now going down the same way the Advendurance races.

Not even the CSA Commissionaire knew what the correct distance was.

Edited by Carpet

The last USN series 30km course was way better than this one. To much long boring trails in this route. Once you crossed the bridge back into the barn it was ok, but otherwise not too impressed.

Sorry we missed you - also did the 30km.

Enjoyed it for the most part, good to be back on the bike!

A few of the top contenders rode only 40. Results for this one will be worthless

My fews cents about the race. Was seeded in D for the 30km and while waiting to start suddenly they announced that C & D will start together. This was hectic because at certain sections there was a bottle neck and had to wait. At one stage missed a turn because my friend tried to call me, heard him but thought nothing of it. Caught him again just before the finish line again. We joked afterwards about my "shortcut" but if was a "shortcut" I would've finished long before him. My Endomondo app stated I did about 26km. They should've stayed with the previous route.