• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You paid extra for the race Tshirt

You wear the race Tshirt everywhere

You realize only newbies buy and wear race Tshirts

You become an expert meteorologist, and know what "beaufort" actually means

You have forgotten to stop your Cateye/Garmin after ride/race, and its made you grumpy

You wear crazy bright riding sunglasses on your head when you are not riding

As a roadie you mock MTBikers with Camelbaks

As a MTBiker you laugh at roadies with bidons

"Travel" means something very different to you than it does to your friends

You have had a saddle-sore

You have lied about the size of your saddle-sore

You carbo-load

This could go on forever!

I think you're going to fill 500 by yourself, haha :thumbup: good work

when you buy a car you make sure the bike can fit in the cars boot ........... or else the car is useless

My favs....

Came across this list on the internet and it made me laugh, don't know if it's been posted before but anyway.

You know you're a cyclist when:

1. you buy a car based on whether or not a bike will fit in the trunk/back, with the rear seat folded down.

2. your hands have a strange tan that looks remarkably similar to the pattern on your cycling gloves.

3. weather forecasts can be broken down into 2 categories: good biking weather, bad biking weather.

4. there is nothing odd about having bikes in your living room.

5. You know you’re a cyclist when you stare at other cyclists to check out their ride.

6. you learned a long time ago that it doesn’t matter how light or fast, just get on that bike.

7. you have more water bottles than you have drinking glasses.

8. You know you’re a cyclist when the nicest pair of shoes you own have cleats in the soles.

9. you have defined the 8 stages of road kill decomposition through daily observation.

10. you get withdrawal symptoms if off the bike for more than a day.

11. when anybody mentions distance you immediately think of how long it would take to cycle it.

12. you have tested your hypothermic limits and found that they can be expanded with pedal speed, layering and hot cocoa.

13. you have more up-to-date knowledge of bike specs, gear and equipment than the staff at your local shop.

14. You know you’re a cyclist when you think about each hill as a cyclist, even when you are driving in a car.

15. you know how many miles you rode last night, last week, last year.

16. you get sad when your Biker’s Tan fades.

More!!!

You start to believe in the voodoo that suggests punctures always come in a batch of three

You have been "half wheeled"

You have "half wheeled" someone

You have bonked so badly that you have cried, hallucinated and pleaded with God

You have proudly owned Campagnolo

You have owned a steel frame and believe there is nothing better, and you only ride carbon because its the way bike design has evolved. Otherwise it would be Columbus all the way

You have ridden on "tubbies"

You can put a racing cape on while riding and not crash

@Wynandvandermerwe

So true! Bianchi green (Celeste green for the puritans) is a colour only loved by cyclists! If someone bought me a POLO or LACOSTE shirt in Bianchi green I would not wear it. But, I would proudly wear the same style and coloured shirt if it had the Bianchi logo on it!

Hairy...these things are now only trivial because you have attained the ultimate state of enlitenment...you are now a cyclist! And only a true cyclist can view these things as trivial! So very "Zen", dont you agree?!

Hairy...these things are now only trivial because you have attained the ultimate state of enlitenment...you are now a cyclist! And only a true cyclist can view these things as trivial! So very "Zen", dont you agree?!

(enter hippie voice) Like Fully Bru