cheapest floor pump

Wilhelm87

I think its time that I get my own floor pump, so that I don't have to be the annoying guy anymore asking my friends to bring theirs with.

What is the cheapest floor pump money can buy and from where, that does a good job.

Pretoria area

Thanks

Cheap is bad. They look pretty but just don't get the pressure you need and the pressure gauges are inaccurate. Rather spend a bit more (only about an extra R100) and go for a decent Giant, BBB or even the housebrand one fro Sportsmans Warehouse. All around R300 bucks.

I saw the one Mike Bike is referring to from ASG. Pity I had just bought mine, that looked awesome. ASG service also very good.

post-12678-0-66515200-1376465190_thumb.jpg

Bought a RavX 'Blow +' about 18 months ago, paid just over R200. Goes Ok, I use it for 3 bikes.You can get spare hoses etc for them.

http://ravx.com/products/blow-x-plus/

Before that I used to hook up my 4x4 compressor! Good times...!

Also tried a cheap Midas foot pump, lasted about 3 minutes before it went in the bin....!

Edited by Mojoman

Ryder..........it comes with a Lifetime Warranty. They were very highly rated by a bike mag recently.

Mine started leaking air after 2 years. I didn't even have the slip and Omnico replaced it without any question.

go to a car spares shop and buy one - not branded by a bike manufacturer and half the price. I bought a foot pump with gauge that works like a bomb (literally and figuratively) and only cost R110

I think its time that I get my own floor pump, so that I don't have to be the annoying guy anymore asking my friends to bring theirs with.

What is the cheapest floor pump money can buy and from where, that does a good job.

Pretoria area

Thanks

lollipop lounge has a wide range of floor pumps

Wil head to sportmans warehouse and let you guys know which one I get.

At the cycling stores I didn't see anything cheaper than R400.

I'd be keen to pay R300 for one.

Thanks for the advice

post-12678-0-66515200-1376465190_thumb.jpg

Bought a RavX 'Blow +' about 18 months ago, paid just over R200. Goes Ok, I use it for 3 bikes.You can get spare hoses etc for them.

http://ravx.com/products/blow-x-plus/

Before that I used to hook up my 4x4 compressor! Good times...!

Also tried a cheap Midas foot pump, lasted about 3 minutes before it went in the bin....!

Bought one of these from Caledonian cycles in Muizenberg a month or so back for R165 (or there about) and it seems to do the job well enough.