Amashova 2013

fabs

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife (a journalist) mentioned yesterday that one of her colleagues was talking about there being 2 fatalities during the Shova. She didnt here much other info. I asked her to get more info today. Anyone else hear of this by any chance?

Thanks. I wonder if the 2nd fatality perhaps misinformation? That is sad news. Not sure the circumstances of the individual, but a sad happening regardless. RIP

How?

What he said below. What program/website do you use?

In my case, yes. There is a setting on Garmin Connect and on Strava that allows you to choose elevation correction on or off. Usually I find this gives results that correlate closely with those other people publish. In this case, my figures are a bit higher.

My first Shova and did it in 3h27min. Started cycling again in mid-August and have been loving it.

Had a guy called Tim in front of me, he pulled me just about two thirds of the way. Pity his chain kept coming off.

I think driving back to Jhb after the race wasn't such a good idea! Time to shop early and try and get a decent flight.

next year's race date is 12 October so nowyou have a whole year! look forward to seeing you next year!

Out of interest, how many people rode the Amashova this year. I read somewhere there were 10,000 riders on the 106km race, but RaceTec only lists 4,279 finishers. Even accounting for no-shows and dnf's, it does not sound likely that there were that many registrations.

Out of interest, how many people rode the Amashova this year. I read somewhere there were 10,000 riders on the 106km race, but RaceTec only lists 4,279 finishers. Even accounting for no-shows and dnf's, it does not sound likely that there were that many registrations.

The 10000 maybe included riders doing the shorter distances.