MotoGP

SeaBee

Stoner was certainly fast but maybe was so intense from a young age about racing that his personality suffered in that he was just fast; not a showman like Rossi or able to develop a public persona outside of just racing as fast as possible. I feel for him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conspiracy theorist in me says that MM and CS's lap times, from CS's testing at Motegi, are closer than expected.

Couldn't possibly have a "part-timer" taking points from their #1 rider now could they????

Obviously 2 tracks that Stoner has never competed at is probably the correct answer though.

Conspiracy theorist in me says that MM and CS's lap times, from CS's testing at Motegi, are closer than expected.

Couldn't possibly have a "part-timer" taking points from their #1 rider now could they????

Obviously 2 tracks that Stoner has never competed at is probably the correct answer though.

Double edged sword, Aoyama won't be taking points from Rossi, Lorenzo, et al.

I wonder if HRC even asked Casey?  At a track that he's never raced at it's not ideal though...

Also wonder if having him in would mean game over for Dani?  Even if it was only temporary.

I know it isn't technically MotoGP but the Suzuka 8hr news has also been quite interesting.

So Stoner is confirmed which shows Honda is serious about winning this year, but why??

This year is Yamaha's 60th anniversary and they have made it clear they are targeting the Suzuka 8hr win. Also important is that the track is Honda owned.

It gets really interesting when it turns out that before Stoner was announced to race both Lorenzo and Rossi were asked by Yamaha to race and both declined.

Rossi has gone on record, from his 2 previous 8hr races with Colin Edwards, as saying he only rode twice to be able to say he finished, and won, and that he has no interest in ever doing it again. His first 8hr ended with him crashing out and the team having to withdraw.

Apparently Yamaha is now putting pressure on Lorenzo and Rossi to race, will Rossi stick to his word and not budge? Will Lorenzo take up the challenge?

http://www.sportrider.com/yamaha-wants-rossi-and-or-lorenzo-to-race-suzuka-8-hours

Interesting...

But surely Aoyama faces the same challenges regarding the lack of knowledge of the bike and the tracks as Stoner would?  Is it just because of the higher expectation on Stoner to be fighting with Marc?

As Rossi would say - I want to see a battle!  :clap:

Interesting...

But surely Aoyama faces the same challenges regarding the lack of knowledge of the bike and the tracks as Stoner would?  Is it just because of the higher expectation on Stoner to be fighting with Marc?

As Rossi would say - I want to see a battle!  :clap:

Not quite, no. Aoyama is HRC's official test rider so he has done quite a number of laps on the current RCV, and he did race at COTA and Termas de Rio Hondo last year on the customer Honda, so he knows the bike, and he knows the tracks. Casey only knows the previous version of the bike, and neither of the tracks.

I see...

So we have to hope that Dani stays injured then  :ph34r:

Dani used to be my favourite rider, but he's just not aggressive enough anymore.  Poor Dani

I see...

So we have to hope that Dani stays injured then :ph34r:

Dani used to be my favourite rider, but he's just not aggressive enough anymore. Poor Dani

I think that is largely down to this repeat injury of his that has never really healed

I think that is largely down to this repeat injury of his that has never really healed

The last two years he's been riding injury free though, apart from the recurring arm pump issue, sometimes even on top form.  The end of the season against Lorenzo in the year before Marc came to play is a prime example of how good he can be.

The last two years he's been riding injury free though, apart from the recurring arm pump issue, sometimes even on top form. The end of the season against Lorenzo in the year before Marc came to play is a prime example of how good he can be.

Nope - according to reports he's been riding with the injury consistently for the last 18 years months or so.

Well, more recent reports. HRC were apparently well aware and yet had him rode anyway.

Nope - according to reports he's been riding with the injury consistently for the last 18 years months or so.

Well, more recent reports. HRC were apparently well aware and yet had him rode anyway.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I think in any other era and Pedrosa could be a champion but he just doesn't have the season long consistency.

On his day he is unbeatable, but there are too few of those days over a season to stand a real chance.

He is also the unluckiest rider, he always seems to have something happen when he looks like he might be a challenge.

Le Mans in 2012, I think, when he was taken out by Simoncelli is a prime example.

Not quite, no. Aoyama is HRC's official test rider so he has done quite a number of laps on the current RCV, and he did race at COTA and Termas de Rio Hondo last year on the customer Honda, so he knows the bike, and he knows the tracks. Casey only knows the previous version of the bike, and neither of the tracks.

I reckon Crutchlow must be #1 contender for Dani's seat.

His race in Losail was marred by a mistake in Qualifying but up until then he showed some serious pace.

I reckon Crutchlow must be #1 contender for Dani's seat.

His race in Losail was marred by a mistake in Qualifying but up until then he showed some serious pace.

It's his first year on the Honda though.

Wonder if he's bummed about leaving Ducati now that they're quick for the whole race?