MotoGP

SeaBee

Coool, understood. Must be the hater in me that see's it as being morally wrong to just use anothers data if you cant set your bike up properly.

I really dont see Yamaha dropping Lorenzo, like everyone has said VR will retire sooner so it would be utterly, utterly stupid. Also the Yammie suits Lorenzos riding style so the other brands would take a season or 2 to get used to. Would be career suicide.

Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coool, understood. Must be the hater in me that see's it as being morally wrong to just use anothers data if you cant set your bike up properly.

I really dont see Yamaha dropping Lorenzo, like everyone has said VR will retire sooner so it would be utterly, utterly stupid. Also the Yammie suits Lorenzos riding style so the other brands would take a season or 2 to get used to. Would be career suicide.

Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

How is using your team mate's data "morally wrong"? It's a single, factory team. Yes, there are different mechanical teams and so on, but it's not unethical or immoral to share data or to use it to understand where / how you could improve on a setting... Especially when it's in a single manufacturer stable and they're continually trying to develop the bike, and hold on to the top 2 spots.

It's not as if they snuck into the trailer at night and stole telemetry data from another factory.

Jeepers, SK. You really really do hate the guy, don't you?

Edited by Myles Mayhew

In the end it's about the Team winning not the individual ... it's about Yamaha winning. Yes Rossi might be borrowing data from JL and improving from it, or even the other way around in the end it's about the Team. I'm sure JL feels like it's "stealing" though ...

But yes, JL might not want to share data with VR anymore, but I'm not sure if there's anything he can do about that ... In the end the Team is the voice of authority.

This rift might just force JL out of Yamaha by his own decision ... It's gonna be a very interesting shuffle end of next year.

I just hope they leave HRC alone! I'm happy with the 2 riders there, one psycho, and one chill guy, a good match.

How do we only know that VR has used JL's data and not the other way around sometimes?

Can't wait for Sunday.... still think I'm going to be disappointed by a few points.

And bring on Moto3!!!

Bugger.

Well let's see if Iannone will take on for the team and MM JL out the race on turn one. We can conveniently then also just say that without telemetry we won't know for sure if he did it.

That or Rossi can go slow, wait for Jorge to lap him, then Schumacher him out the race and win the championship, lack of telemetry will also make me believe this was just "racing" until proven otherwise.

That or Rossi can go slow, wait for Jorge to lap him, then Schumacher him out the race and win the championship, lack of telemetry will also make me believe this was just "racing" until proven otherwise.

Kinda like this

The guy taking the LEADING car out was NINE laps down...