MotoGP

SeaBee

I know the guy was fast...but honestly....he didnt have the goods to stay at the top like a real champion...that is what make a G.O.A.T....he was more a flash in the pan kind of guy for me...it will be fun to see him maybe mix it up with for one or two races...but i dont see it as more than a side show to the main event...so dont understand all the hype about it.

Uh. This is not a Rossi vs Stoner debate. You said that MotoGP is not won at testing in Sepang. When in fact, in 2011, that is exactly what happened. From the moment Casey swung a leg over that Honda he was going to win the title that year.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is JL with his lightning starts and that first couple of laps, the past years no one could stick with him at the start of the races. If he gets away he does not need to fight with anyone in any case...

But Rossi can be a late charger and ruin it, hopefully...

Hondas are lost this year, too many thing to adapt to, more than the other teams and their engine is still too aggressive, they will be back but I don't think it will be this year.

Uh. This is not a Rossi vs Stoner debate. You said that MotoGP is not won at testing in Sepang. When in fact, in 2011, that is exactly what happened. From the moment Casey swung a leg over that Honda he was going to win the title that year.

Never said it was, but just drawing on what someone wrote earlier...in hindsight, was not the correct thing to use your remark to reply to.....it was more an accumulation of stoner comments. Sorry mate.

JL looks good hey. Not one lap wonders yesterday but consistently fast over many laps. Wonder but which round Dorna will have the tyre construction "fixed" to level the playing field like they did in 2012.

Anyway, lets see what the day brings.

Still 2 months till racing starts:(

Ja early morning always the best times there. I see there's 10 ducs on the track today!

How much faster is that time than JL's time yeaterday?

Edited by Kraggie

Tracks getting rubbered in remember so the times will improve, also as they dial the bike in. To be expected. Will the beat MM unofficial record of a sub 1:59sec though.

Red flagged this morning because of Baz chucking it big time apparently!!!

Don't see any more significant improvements coming today. Michelin has withdrawn the soft tyre after Baz's crash. Only hard tyres and running higher pressures. Race sims to follow I reckon.

1. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 0.095s [Lap 9/27]
2. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 0.387s +0.292s [6/7]
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.833s +0.738s [8/16]
4. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 0.843s +0.748s [5/6]
5. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.049s +0.954s [3/14]
6. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 1.052s +0.957s [9/20]
7. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 1.421s +1.326s [4/15]
8. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 1.475s +1.380s [4/15]
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 1.604s +1.509s [16/17]
10. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 1.644s +1.549s [7/16]
11. Casey Stoner ITA Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.699s +1.604s [10/11]
12. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 1.723s +1.628s [12/13]
13. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 1.992s +1.897s [6/14]
14. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 2.248s +2.153s [20/24]
15. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 2m 2.328s +2.233s [5/22]
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 2.331s +2.236s [4/10]
17. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 2.372s +2.277s [4/18]
18. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 2.611s +2.516s [12/12]
19. Katsuyuki Nakasuga JPN Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1) 2m 2.710s +2.615s [4/22]
20. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 2.745s +2.650s [8/10]
21. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 2.876s +2.781s [4/20]
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/226388/1/sepang-motogp-test-times-tuesday-1pm.html#oMGV2KG7WL6cD0xj.99
Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Baz accident caused by tire failure ... so they withdrew the soft compound. Then JL crashes because is now forced to use hard compound ...

And some changes in race direction after the Sepang thing

https://motomatters.com/news/2016/02/02/sepang_clash_fallout_race_direction_to_b.html

Bit harsh don't you think, it's testing. Almost everyone has had crashes, yesterday a good few riders fell I believe. At least he is pushing, finding the limits. Good thing, no??

So basically independent panel to review matter of rider conflict. Problem is they will still review matters after the fact, which is too late.

Think they are trying to fix something that isn't broken to appease the masses. Don't see this having any positive effect.

And some changes in race direction after the Sepang thing

https://motomatters.com/news/2016/02/02/sepang_clash_fallout_race_direction_to_b.html

On this but in the AMA.

Did you guys see Weston Peick get his own back on Vince Friese? Block Pass. Pushed him high in a 180 corner. Friese goes down. Justice served out on the track.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Bit harsh don't you think, it's testing. Almost everyone has had crashes, yesterday a good few riders fell I believe. At least he is pushing, finding the limits. Good thing, no??

So basically independent panel to review matter of rider conflict. Problem is they will still review matters after the fact, which is too late.

Think they are trying to fix something that isn't broken to appease the masses. Don't see this having any positive effect.

The only harsh bit here is chucking a rider off at 280kmph because of a tire failure. But you're right, it's testing.

And now DP also crashed on the hard ... they sohuld now remove the hard from testing as well :ph34r:

Edited by Kraggie