Popped Collars

Azonic

How do you feel about popped collars...?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about popped collars...?

• I'm into it, makes you look cool.
    • I hate it, makes you look like a tard.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF!! You moan about popped collars and you wear grandpa slippers ...... BWAAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!  And if it's not about style, why have you developed your own style??? LOL

WTF!! You moan about popped collars and you wear grandpa slippers ...... BWAAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!  And if it's not about style' date=' why have you developed your own style??? LOL[/quote']

Sticks and stones dude Embarrassed

Substitute the word "style" with "comfort zone" then. Popped collars is a peer pressure thing. I'm sure most of the guys that do it know they look like absolute ass tw@ts, but have to do it to look cool. Me, on the other hand, do not suffer from peer pressure or the need to look cool or be accepted (by a bunch of halfwits). I do and wear what I want because its functional.

I kid you not... it won't be long before Shimano released M231's - Grandpa slippers with cleats. Patent Pending #2008-335567-222-SA LOL

Azonic2008-02-11 08:46:04

I wear leather sandals with socks.... so WHAT!!!! and I wear lambswool slippers in the evenings to beat the chill........ so WHAT!!!!!! en ek dra dit omdat ek dit geniet...... nie omdat ek iemand moet please nie!!!!!!!!

that's exactly how it should be, i'm not hear to impress anyone, if you don't like my slops and soaks don't look...

but hey everyone has there own opinionsWink

Substitute the word "style" with "comfort zone" then. Popped collars is a peer pressure thing. I'm sure most of the guys that do it know they look like absolute ass tw@ts' date=' but have to do it to look cool. Me, on the other hand, do not suffer from peer pressure or the need to look cool or be accepted (by a bunch of halfwits). I do and wear what I want because its functional.
[/quote']

That is debateable - a few years ago those grandpa slippers were on the verge on extinction and now they are a huge fashion item but comfort is good excuse for following fashion trends, I'm sure we have all used it at some time. I know that the kid who wanted to visit my daughter wearing granpa slippers tried it, but he still ended up outside on the pavement until he learned to dress properly.

I used to wear my lambswool slippers and socks to rowing in winter - until one of them disappeared Cry.

I still wear socks and sandals on occasion, but I draw the line at Crocs - those things look ridiculous.

Popped collars are only OK when you've forgotten the sunscreen. Napalm: if you're stuck on Everest with only a golf shirt, you're getting no sympathy from me LOL.

Finally, from another forum I frequent, the correct way to wear a golf shirt:

Step 1) Pop that collar.

You won't get anywhere in life if your collar looks like it suffers from impotence.

What you need to do is flip it upright...that's right, like Elvis.

It does cause a bit of wind resistance when running, but aerodynamics

are not your major concern right now, channeling the spirit of "The

King" however, is.

Step 2)

Find yourself a snazzy belt buckle, but not just any belt buckle...a

big ass Walker Texas Ranger sized belt buckle...one you can use to

decapitate a small animal with.

I've noticed Diesel buckles tend to be quite a popular choice amongst these fashionistas.

Step 3) Step 3 is the cherry on the cake, the final piece of the puzzle that will complete your masterpiece of oozing sex appeal.

What you need to do is take the front part of said golf

shirt and carefully tuck it in behind your Chuck Norris belt buckle,

which should then accentuate the awesomeness that is the metal plate

that locks down your belt and holds up your pants.

...ai maar julle oumense kan kla!

Thanks Edman for the enlightening post.

...as for Crocs.  Where are those Worcester Wheeler peeps with the orange ones?  I am sure they need to show TCS how to wear them with CW style.

My 16 year old brother, one of the biggest  anti-jocks around (he makes me so proud) goes around school fixing all the popped collars saying "There you go, now you don't look like a Censored"

Thumbs%20Up Cool

boeing...your brother is an anarchist in the purist form!! I salute him!!

Ok...the leather sandal/Moccasin debate...it looks fag. I'm sorry, its terribly gay!! I know a few gay men (I cringe at typing that!) and they ALWAYS wear the fancy leather things without socks!!! And you cannot deny it!

But those collars are terrible...proof that nobody has their own identity anymore.

And as for wearing cycling apparell to race registration...I've never understood it myself!!

Crocs are proof that with the right marketing, anybody can sell anything, to anyone...

boeing...your brother is an anarchist in the purist form!! I salute him!!

Ok...the leather sandal/Moccasin debate...it looks fag. I'm sorry' date=' its terribly gay!! I know a few gay men (I cringe at typing that!) and they ALWAYS wear the fancy leather things without socks!!! And you cannot deny it!

But those collars are terrible...proof that nobody has their own identity anymore.

And as for wearing cycling apparell to race registration...I've never understood it myself!!

Crocs are proof that with the right marketing, anybody can sell anything, to anyone...[/quote']

GW, you bring up a few interesting points. What really struck me was when you said that nobody has their own identity. You hit the nail on the head. Even rock has become popular and fashionable. It drives me insane!

Whatever happened to being yourself? Incubus have a song called "make yourself". It really strikes true!

one thing worse : these oversize sunglasses verybody is wearing. i just hate it!

Ditto that Zookster. Everyone wants to look like a fly!

Mind you, cyclists walking around in their biking glasses look just as gookey!

one thing worse : these oversize sunglasses verybody is wearing. i just hate it!

Ditto that Zookster. Everyone wants to look like a fly!

Mind you' date=' cyclists walking around in their biking glasses look just as gookey!
[/quote']

as does anyone wearing sunglasses when the sun is not out or they are indoors