[Event] MTN NATIONAL XCM #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Is the route profile correct on the Advendurance website?

Edited by pbp18

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really compare it....climbing not as tough if any climbs to speak of besides the one before half way and the one with 10km to go....what hurts is the non stop pedaling and the drags with the corrugated road in the last 25km. Very enjoyable race!!! It will get real hot on race day so prepare with proper nutrition and hydration

Funny you mention the non stop pedaling, we were discussing that yesterday, here in this area we don't have climbs, but we never stop pedaling. so no downhills to recover.. just pedal pedal pedal..

And warning to all.. there is a heatwave hitting this area tomorrow will last through to Saturday.. drink drink drink plenty of fluids.

Is the Climb correct 158...... if yes how technical is this race......

:blush:

Read my reply to vicanza, post #32. Technical is not a function of the vertical ascent alone.

Is the route profile correct on the Advendurance website?

Yip, matches mine from last year.

Is the Climb correct 158...... if yes how technical is this race......

:blush:

This is NOT a technical race at all. The climb in the middle you probably wont ride in anycase as there will be traffic and plenty walkers. The decent is rocky but VERY much ridable. In my opinion this is the best part of the race. You might encounter soft sand in some of the single track, this will be tricky and a pain. The rest is all just hard work as there is not much place to recover. The corregated roads just drains you like crazy. It is a hard race but not technical. Fatigue from the non stop working and heat is the big issue.

I wanna change my 103km entry to a 40km entry

Saturday Ill do the 23km dirt flirt - qickly ride back to the guesthouse, shower, come back THEN DRINK BEER

Sunday ill do the 40km half - do the same as above... THEN DRINK MORE BEER

Im not doing no currugations for miles on end in that heat.

I wanna change my 103km entry to a 40km entry

Saturday Ill do the 23km dirt flirt - qickly ride back to the guesthouse, shower, come back THEN DRINK BEER

Sunday ill do the 40km half - do the same as above... THEN DRINK MORE BEER

Im not doing no currugations for miles on end in that heat.

laaities going soft....ai ai ai

temps for Sat are (according to Accuweather)

8am 23Deg

12pm 31deg

1pm 32deg

2pm 33deg

wind 16km/h gusts of 29km/h WSW... apparently mostly in the afternoon... best we all trap really hard to avoid that wind :whistling:

Assuming the temps on the bike will be higher.

We did a 70km ride on Sunday.. temps went up to 41 at stages.

Edited by Gen

Hey guys, how does this compare to the trailseekers? Have done the 70km on VG and hakanhana...-aaaa.....

the race Is all about the second 50km - you may feel good and think this is easy all the way to the halfway mark ( I have done this before) but then the climb starts, not steep, but a constant drag for the whole second half pretty much, with wind which will kill you.

Do yourself a favour and take it extra easy the first half, if you don't the second half will kill you.

I threw up ( a few times) after the race one year it was so tough...

Oh and I was lucky one year to start in B bunch I think it was and we got sent on a nice extra 10km loop at the start, so ended up doing 115km.. eina..

Edited by kingalton

the race Is all about the second 50km - you may feel good and think this is easy all the way to the halfway mark ( I have done this before) but then the climb starts, not steep, but a constant drag for the whole second half pretty much, with wind which will kill you.

Do yourself a favour and take it extra easy the first half, if you don't the second half will kill you.

I threw up ( a few times) after the race one year it was so tough...

Oh and I was lucky one year to start in B bunch I think it was and we got sent on a nice extra 10km loop at the start, so ended up doing 115km.. eina..

Thx... I will keep the.. take it easy for the first half in mind..

Mind you I actually plan on taking it easy the whole way :whistling:

just got my seeding email, A batch in the half :eek: does this mean I am now a racing snake? Do I have to shave? can a wear my baggies?

Those lighties are fast, I see some pain coming my way :blush:

Just a head's up guys . We unfortunately still haven't had any rain in our area , so expect a bit of dust and sand . Also me thinks it might get a little hot and windy tomorrow so you might want to bring that extra water bottle along .

Just a head's up guys . We unfortunately still haven't had any rain in our area , so expect a bit of dust and sand . Also me thinks it might get a little hot and windy tomorrow so you might want to bring that extra water bottle along .

Eish ... !