D2D

Speedster Scott

Goody bags and medals are a waste (useless stuff and invariably the medals get thrown away). Rather give it to a worthy cause, and i dont mean the organisers pockets!!

Exactly my point. But I will keep my medals

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove there, did a 20 second spin on the bike, got back in the car and went home :D

Our start was 6:25 and it was frikkin freezing, wasn't prepared to risk being sick from a race I hadn't trained for.

With regards to the goodie bags. I might have it wrong but I think all the stuff is "sponsored". So our entry fees does not go towards the stuff that they put in it.

Drove there, did a 20 second spin on the bike, got back in the car and went home :D

Our start was 6:25 and it was frikkin freezing, wasn't prepared to risk being sick from a race I hadn't trained for.

24 VAs, I think, started. I just ran out of toes counting.

24 VAs, I think, started. I just ran out of toes counting.

But it was good racing ja? :thumbup:

You are becoming frail in your old age?

:P :D

It wasn't THAT bad......I only saw minus two on the Garmin. :rolleyes:

I was not trying to be nasty, I really think donating that goodie bag for homeless people will be a good deed

Maybe collect at the start and hand out later? You may be onto something.

I am indeed, so much easier for me to say its too cold and take the whole of winter off :)

Hats off to you guys that raced it yesterday, you've got bigger balls than me :ph34r:

Maybe collect at the start and hand out later? You may be onto something.

Yip or the race organizers must just keep the goody bag to hand out.

Yip or the race organizers must just keep the goody bag to hand out.

I wonder whether they will still get goodies donated though - the guys have a target market in mind (and the homeless is not it).

Nice meeting you Spinnekop! Slowly but surely I'll get to your guys' level.

Nice meeting you Spinnekop! Slowly but surely I'll get to your guys' level.

Likewise.

Always lekker to meet a hubber in the flesh. :thumbup:

It never ends......the moment you think you can keep up they kill you on the next ride. :blink: :P :lol:

Likewise.

Always lekker to meet a hubber in the flesh. :thumbup:

It never ends......the moment you think you can keep up they kill you on the next ride. :blink: :P :lol:

It Never gets easier... one only gets faster

With regards to the goodie bags. I might have it wrong but I think all the stuff is "sponsored". So our entry fees does not go towards the stuff that they put in it.

Hello Mr ....

The point is not whether we pay for it or not. But what good is it giving to a cyclist who cannot use it for the next race ?

Lets rather donate that value to charity then.

The organisers should be able to filter out the products to be used. Not merely put them inside because they are free.

Just compare what we got here , to the Argus, or the 94,7 goodie bag?

I support that idea, maybe keep stuff on the your back and throw it to all the fans in the rural community... the ones screeming ..CHORKLITT-CHORKLITT !

Ha ha, so basically we ride around with soap and shampoo on our back and whenever these guys ask for sweets we can just through cleaning stuff at them?

Edited by ivr32

Hello Mr ....

The point is not whether we pay for it or not. But what good is it giving to a cyclist who cannot use it for the next race ?

Lets rather donate that value to charity then.

The organisers should be able to filter out the products to be used. Not merely put them inside because they are free.

Just compare what we got here , to the Argus, or the 94,7 goodie bag?

I get what you are saying. What I was trying to say is that the stuff is sponsored by companies that hope to sell more of their products in future (hence the give-away of samples). My guess is that the said companies will stop their sample give-aways if the organisers opts to give it to the homeless because the homeless is not their target market. The samples is part of said companies' sales strategy and not an attempt at charity.

Yes, it sometimes is a sad sad world...

Ha ha, it looks more like a bag for a homeless guy.

Soap and cream, maybe next year they should use the goodie bags exactly for that purpose.

Like I said before sh%tty bag not a goody bag I didn't even get one of those :blink: