DHL EXPRESS, WTF?

YUMEYA

Looks like my latest shipment from CRC has gone DHL way, I took the "express track and trace" option, no mention of DHL there.

So what happens if my address is a PO Box?

The stuff gets shipped to Australia first, cos there was "no other available plane" at the time of shipment.

Ask Capricorn about the **** that goes on. Never again.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used the PO/royal mail (or whatever they call the cheap option) this month for a CRC order, it took only 2 weeks. So quite impressed with that speed.

Edited by silvertemplar

This has gone from bad to worse!

DHL wont accept me giving them the street address, sender must do that.

So call CRC, now they say they wont change the address because the PO Box was the registered Paypal address, even though my street address is listed in my profile. And I direct them to company web site where they can see the PO Box and Street Address is one and the same.

I have requested an cancellation of the shipment and immediate refund.

Summary: Service from both DHL and CRC sucks big time. Corporate intransigence "sorry sir this is the policy". reason does not prevail

Whatever you do, don't take the "express shipping" option on CRC if you use a PO Box in Paypal. This crashed the system.

Looks like my latest shipment from CRC has gone DHL way, I took the "express track and trace" option, no mention of DHL there.

If you took the DHL option, then you would have to have given a telephone number. DHL normally call you and ask you to pay the duty/VAT etc before they will deliver, you should be able to get change of address when you speak to them, else phone DHL and quote your tracking number and discuss the matter

This has gone from bad to worse!

DHL wont accept me giving them the street address, sender must do that.

So call CRC, now they say they wont change the address because the PO Box was the registered Paypal address, even though my street address is listed in my profile. And I direct them to company web site where they can see the PO Box and Street Address is one and the same.

I have requested an cancellation of the shipment and immediate refund.

Summary: Service from both DHL and CRC sucks big time. Corporate intransigence "sorry sir this is the policy". reason does not prevail

Whatever you do, don't take the "express shipping" option on CRC if you use a PO Box in Paypal. This crashed the system.

So just get DHL to send to your PO Box as per the shipping documents?

So just get DHL to send to your PO Box as per the shipping documents?

No can do. They need to deliver to a physical address.

No can do. They need to deliver to a physical address.

Yah, couriers cant deliver to a P.O.Box, only the post office can do that.

Seems only the delivery side is an issue, tell them you will collect at their JHB depot. Just take proof of your P.O.Box and a cross reference like your ID.

Must be a petrol thing........ If the petrol price goes up all the chain stores increase their prices with R2 - R20 per item depending what you are buying....crazeee

Thats the issue with any courier, they cant deliver to a box, so the parcel goes into recovery. This means they will (maybe) try and find you by other particulars on the waybill, but if not the goods will lie around for a few weeks and then go to the state warehouse for unclaimed parcels.

When using any courier, never use a P.O.Box address anywhere in your waybill, billing or physical, understandably it creates massive issues, especially with an international courier.

Considering inflated taxes, unreliable and expensive shipment and the general BS in the SA post service CRC is unfortunately not an option anymore, in my opinion.

Edited by Karooryder

Thats the issue with any courier, they cant deliver to a box, so the parcel goes into recovery. This means they will (maybe) try and find you by other particulars on the waybill, but if not the goods will lie around for a few weeks and then go to the state warehouse for unclaimed parcels.

When using any courier, never use a P.O.Box address anywhere in your waybill, billing or physical, understandably it creates massive issues, especially with an international courier.

Yes, 100% and its not the first time, that's why I called DHL 1st thing to let them know the street address. But they wont allow me to change it, the sender must contact them.

But CRC gets the address from Paypal, and wont change it by my advising them, they want Paypal to contact them with the 'new' address.

I have filed a Paypal dispute.

And just dealing with dodos in call centres drives me nuts. Exceptions can and should be made to "the rules"

Edited by kosmonooit

Considering inflated taxes, unreliable and expensive shipment and the general BS in the SA post service CRC is unfortunately not an option anymore, in my opinion.

I've had better service from the PO than DHL

Yes, 100% and its not the first time, that's why I called DHL 1st thing to let them know the street address. But they wont allow me to change it, the sender must contact them.

But CRC gets the address from Paypal, and wont change it by my advising them, they want Paypal to contact them with the 'new' address.

I have filed a Paypal dispute.

And just dealing with dodos in call centres drives me nuts. Exceptions can and should be made to "the rules"

Yah, bureaucracy at its best.

...but one also needs to realize not everyone is honest, so they need to have systems in place to limit crime, I know its a ball ache but lets just say someone decided to call them, said they were XYZ and please send my parcel here not there, .... and they accepted the change of address without question, .....you would no doubt be a little peeved.

Unfortunately, the small criminal element make it difficult for everybody, so its a process, I think you will get it, you may just have to go fetch it yourself and work it through with them face to face.

Yah, bureaucracy at its best.

...but one also needs to realize not everyone is honest, so they need to have systems in place to limit crime, I know its a ball ache but lets just say someone decided to call them, said they were XYZ and please send my parcel here not there, .... and they accepted the change of address without question, .....you would no doubt be a little peeved.

Unfortunately, the small criminal element make it difficult for everybody, so its a process, I think you will get it, you may just have to go fetch it yourself and work it through with them face to face.

yes but .... surely it can be escalated to someone who can assess the merits of the situation and make a positive decision, since I refer them to our company web site which has both address on, my email is the same domain as the company name etc

We get attempted fraud almost every day, so its not rocket science.

Edited by kosmonooit