Value for money MTB sunglasses

S Ribic

Call me cheap (I'm a student) but I got sunglasses from Mr Price Sport @ R120. They're 100% UV protection but not polarized.

They look pretty slick and do protect my eyes from the sun rays. They also provide a light vision, it's not dark and one can still see everything as you would if not wearing sun glasses.

When I'm all grown and rich I'll get a set of Oakleys for R1800

Edited by Wimmas

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aayuni Optical in Observatory have less 30% on adidas evil eyes!

Give them a ring! Will get prices in AM

I've just bought some Bolle from Kiwi. 2 pairs for R350.

Wasn't prepared to pay over R1100 to replace the lenses on my current glasses.

Had a lot of glasses. Yup Oakley's are good but bit too much coin for what you get. Bolle, decent and a bit old school.

Gone the 'cheaper' route and to be honest you pretty much pay for what you get. There is a quote that says "pay extra on glasses, watches and rings. It's the measure of a man" it's true.

I got the Rudy photochromtics and hell they are good. got them for a shade over R850 and would pay easily R1500 - R2000 having raced, trained and done long distance driving in them throughout Africa. There are something that are worth money for a purpose and some that exceed the original use.

If you have R1000 +/- you really can't go wrong with watching ASG auctions and getting something that will last and serve you well. Jeez, my 2 year old decide they were 'Ella's glasses' and preceded to drag them around the sandy beach house by their arms, on their lenses for a day and they still are hundreds.

Had a lot of glasses. Yup Oakley's are good but bit too much coin for what you get. Bolle, decent and a bit old school.

Gone the 'cheaper' route and to be honest you pretty much pay for what you get. There is a quote that says "pay extra on glasses, watches and rings. It's the measure of a man" it's true.

I got the Rudy photochromtics and hell they are good. got them for a shade over R850 and would pay easily R1500 - R2000 having raced, trained and done long distance driving in them throughout Africa. There are something that are worth money for a purpose and some that exceed the original use.

If you have R1000 +/- you really can't go wrong with watching ASG auctions and getting something that will last and serve you well. Jeez, my 2 year old decide they were 'Ella's glasses' and preceded to drag them around the sandy beach house by their arms, on their lenses for a day and they still are hundreds.

+1