NO FAKES! Our zero-tolerance policy on counterfeit items

Matt

So he made me some replacement decals for my fox. I decided to use him because fox charge a ridiculous amount for their decals.

Does this mean I cannot sell my bike on the hub anymore?

I shall quote myself, "grey area".

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you telling me that tyerone is fncked?

You are misinterpreting fake and counterfeit with genuine.

Taking a blank frame from a pie in the sky manufacturer and branding it as a well know brand would constitute as a fake, that is illegal and I think this is what Admin is really on about.

As the owner of the forum I can fully understand his dogmatic approach towards this type of behavior, if there was to be an investigation he would unnecessarily be implicated in any shady or illegal activity.

I shall quote myself, "grey area".

It's only a grey area if you buy your shock solely for the stickers...

If it's a Rockshox Reba and you put new Rockshox Reba stickers (same year/model) on then I really don't think anyone will complain. It's when you put a Reba sticker on a RST shock, or a Specialized sticker on Chinese no name frame that you're selling a lie :thumbdown:

You are misinterpreting fake and counterfeit with genuine.

Taking a blank frame from a pie in the sky manufacturer and branding it as a well know brand would constitute as a fake, that is illegal and I think this is what Admin is really on about.

As the owner of the forum I can fully understand his dogmatic approach towards this type of behavior, if there was to be an investigation he would unnecessarily be implicated in any shady or illegal activity.

So sensible.....

If you are running Rock Shox branding on a Fox equipped bike, you are a twit. It's like putting a Ferrari sticker on a Golf...... :ph34r:

If you are running Rock Shox branding on a Fox equipped bike, you are a twit. It's like putting a Ferrari sticker on a Golf...... :ph34r:

....exactly .... it does the VW a dis-justice!

Grey area. Got to ban any and all stickers then as well. Because in a broad sense having any sticker on your bike of a product that isn't ON your bike, constitutes a fake?

"A fake or counterfeit product is any product which illegally bears a brand name / registered trademark. In other words if the product bears a registered trademark and was not produced by- or on behalf of the original manufacturer it is counterfeit."

So I can't have a Rock Shox sticker on my bike if I'm using a Fox?

no, the sticker if produced legitimately is fine, the shock with the sticker on it is fine, so long as you not trying to represent it as something that it in fact not.

unfair

I didnt say it. Admin's definition of fake said it.

I love tyerone's work. Bought from him numerous times.

I didnt say it. Admin's definition of fake said it.

I love tyerone's work. Bought from him numerous times.

what does tyerone do? make decals that look like the original? if so then that is counterfeiting and yes illegal...you can skin that cat anyway you want...if he is selling and making money then he is pirating...just like that fella selling dvd's at the traffic lights

What if someone wants to sell an LML scooter? It is a copy of an early eighties a 1986 Vespa made in India - They cost just under R20K new.

What if someone wants to sell an LML scooter? It is a copy of an early eighties a 1986 Vespa made in India - They cost just under R20K new.

Its not a copy, but the original as LML produced Vespa under contract with Piaggio. Piaggio has upgraded the model, but LML still legally produces the old model which is now sold under its own brand.

If the branding were changed to Vespa and sold it would be fraud and illegal.

Its not a copy, but the original as LML produced Vespa under contract with Piaggio. Piaggio has upgraded the model, but LML still legally produces the old model which is now sold under its own brand.

That, and it's explicitly not branded as a Vespa.

If the branding were changed to Vespa and sold it would be fraud and illegal.

Lol, was just checking if you hubbers are awake

Archived