DH world Champs - enduro guy riding enduro bike (Jared Graves) anyone else racing their small bike??

deviate

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Tahnee Seagrave Junior ladies champ

Richie Rude Junior Men.

not at all... this isn't Tour de Farce where the riders claim it's about them, but it's actually about who has a better doctor.

THIS.IS.DOWNHILL!

The winner will be whoever has the most bling bike, and wears the brightest pyjamas!

No, Greg Minnaar doesn't wear the brightest payjamas

Guest Omega Man

not at all... this isn't Tour de Farce where the riders claim it's about them, but it's actually about who has a better doctor.

THIS.IS.DOWNHILL!

The winner will be whoever has the most bling bike, and wears the brightest pyjamas!

Oh dear. Tactical blunder of note with my matt black bike, matt black lid and black kit.

Now less than 24 hours from the time that the 2014 World Champions will be crowned, Elite seeding results are in and they tell a very interesting story. Steve Smith and Rachel Atherton are on top, with a 2.208 and 16.802 second gap over 2nd place finishers Mitch Ropelato and Tracey Hannah, respectively. Overnight rain slowed things down a little bit since the Juniors ran the course.

What's wild about the results? Stevie Smith is on top riding his custom 650B Devinci with 165mm of travel and a lowered BoXXer up front. Check out how Mitch Ropelato and Jared Graves faired, slotting in at 2nd and 7th place. Also ON ENDURO BIKES. Check out Mitch's Specialized Enduro 29 here and Graves's Yeti SB66c here. Only a handful of riders were able to come close to their times on the 2nd split. Needless to say, finals are going to be wild! Aaron Gwin will be the first rider to drop in tomorrow, coming in last during seeding.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/WORLD-CHAMPS-RESULTS-Stevie-Smith-and-Rachel-Atherton-Win-Elite-Downhill-Seeding-Enduro-Bikes-on-Top,642?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=spotlight

Guest Omega Man

Now less than 24 hours from the time that the 2014 World Champions will be crowned, Elite seeding results are in and they tell a very interesting story. Steve Smith and Rachel Atherton are on top, with a 2.208 and 16.802 second gap over 2nd place finishers Mitch Ropelato and Tracey Hannah, respectively. Overnight rain slowed things down a little bit since the Juniors ran the course.

What's wild about the results? Stevie Smith is on top riding his custom 650B Devinci with 165mm of travel and a lowered BoXXer up front. Check out how Mitch Ropelato and Jared Graves faired, slotting in at 2nd and 7th place. Also ON ENDURO BIKES. Check out Mitch's Specialized Enduro 29 here and Graves's Yeti SB66c here. Only a handful of riders were able to come close to their times on the 2nd split. Needless to say, finals are going to be wild! Aaron Gwin will be the first rider to drop in tomorrow, coming in last during seeding.

http://www.vitalmtb....paign=spotlight

It's not really seeding. It's more timed practice. Making it pretty much meaningless. Aaron Gwin won't be dropping in first. They go in their UCI ranking order.

It means we scoring cheap as 2nd hand bikes. :clap:

just waiting for my finances to push up again... then waiting for the cheap obsolete 26'er DH bike to lie around:)

Edited by braailegend

Guest Omega Man

just waiting for my finances to push up again... then waiting for the cheap obsolete 26'er DH bike to lie around:)

YESSS! A completely useless and obsolete SC V10 (Carbon of course) with EVNE wheels for 8k. I reckon you'll be doing the oke a favor.

Edited by Omega Man

Don't like the fact that our dh course is being dissed as a result....but I would like to see all those okes saying you can do it on an enduro bike actually try do it....these chaps have mad skills..that is why they can do it

Guest Omega Man

Don't like the fact that our dh course is being dissed as a result....but I would like to see all those okes saying you can do it on an enduro bike actually try do it....these chaps have mad skills..that is why they can do it

Actually. The way I read the results is there's less than 4 seconds covering the top 5 over a 4 minute course. Which tells me that wheel size makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

Actually. The way I read the results is there's less than 4 seconds covering the top 5 over a 4 minute course. Which tells me that wheel size makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

I agree, except for the fact that Ropelato is up there. I think it *is* making a difference for him.