[Event] STBB 2keep-a-breast MTB Challenge

Hanlie Walker

Well done and great to see you out on the bike. What an awesome event, awesome route and excellent organisation! Well done STBB and to all involved :clap:

Hi Rapunzel! Thx, great finish for you too, you're a strong lady! Well done! See you on the trails or next race! Great win for our Northern Suburbs local Dominic!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was awesome - complete change from last weekends blizzard.

Loved the single-track downhills - made up plenty positions when some folk took the outer line on the switchbacks.

Well organised.

Glad to see my time tumbled from the Slanghoek - must have just been a bad race and too little sleep before that one.

Didn't feel like 1500 m climb though - anyone can confirm?

*Sorry, correction 1190m not 1350m*

Glad you had a good race! Loaded onto strava my total ascent showed 1190, which I think is about right

Edited by BFScott

Absolutely amazing race. 100% for everything. Took a bad fall and fractured my wrist. Still managed a 2.20 on my SS. I have never been so impressed with a race. Absolute heaven. Well done STBB.

Eish,.Sorry to hear about the fall Copperhead, flippen strong ride on the SS tho!

Thanks man. Would be nice to meet all you guys. Next race we all do... Beers after. Well done too. Good time.

Ya, think its about time! This is the next one on my calendar, very nice route with a bit of everything. Unfortunately on the same day as the Durbanville High School race, but I do these trails all the time as I live right there.

Cool, see you guys sometime! Safe cycling!

http://www.bicycling.co.za/event/9th-botrivier-van-der-stel-pass-challenge/

Thanks STBB for a very well organised race! I agree, the water tables were very well stocked and even had some ice water....we had a blast om the tandem...one uphill swichback caught us out, otherwise we managed everything and really enjoyed it! See you next year again.

Only small complaint I have was my 13 y.o son came third overall in his 15 km race but they did not recognise him and tried to send him for a third lap with some other small blokes.

When the mothers of the first four guys explained to the organisers the actual order of things they did not seem to register this and called the wrong names at the prize giving - my son left very heart sore and without his prize.

Anyway - that's how life goes sometimes.

I did the route today and there was no litter! If the route was cleaned up after the event well done to organizers! If not well done to the riders!

Climbing of around 1200 m sounds about right. Did a late route change last week that took out about 200 meters of climbing on the loop between waterpoints 1 and 2 for the 45 km riders. Original plan was to take riders all the way back to just below waterpoint 1 to join up with the 35 km riders. Maybe next year if you really want to do 1400 m of climbing!

Can someone let us know where to find results when they are up. Thanks.

Comms from race organisers:

We know you are anxious to get your timing results and see your photos. Please bear with us, we are working very hard to get these ready for you and will be emailing it to you very shortly. We will also post it on Facebook (STBB MTB) and Twitter (stbbhome; #StbbMtb).

STBB deserve a medal for the quality of the event they organised. They set the bar high last year and cleared it comfortably this year. The Overgaauw Estate is a great venue and the finish certainly one of the most scenic on the calendar. Was a pleasure to have them host the event on our trails. Also a big thank you and a thumbs-up to the participants for leaving very little behind on the trails.