Sore throat 1 week before event- cures

RyanD

Hey Ryan, sorry to hear. But if that all did not sort it by now, you're wise not to ride. It is obviously more than a scratchy throat and beginning of some nasties. Take care, heal up, then enjoy more riding after that!

We've all got our goals and wishes, but in the end we're not pro's and we do it for fun/relaxation. Not worth compromising long-term health.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, I hope most people know that flu is caused by a virus and not bacteria. Best bet is lots of fluids, rest and keep your body temp up. Also eat more natural vit c, like guava and naartjies. Honey and rooibos helps a lot with soothing the scratching in the throat and also helps to detoxify.

So i've been infected by my inlaws who recently arrived from SA

Gargle with Vinegar and honey. It kills the bacteria.

Is this genuine science or are you just laughing thinking of the desperados willing to try this concoction?

Have you tried gargling with honey, how much honey and vinegar?

Gargle salt water!

Sore throat is caused by Streptococcus(bacterium), and it can't live at a high salt concentration.

:thumbup:

Those Zinc lozenges that pop up in chemists ever now and again work the bomb for me, they leave your mouth feeling a bit dry etc, but that is just the result of the zinc been released .

Had a sore throat on tuesday. Now in bed with a blocked nose and feeling like s... . Hope I'll be better for the K2C next sunday. Sorry for the bit of a off the topic post, but I'm so frustrated!

I hear you. I got my seeding today but am not riding. All my buddies are rearing to go and I am deciding to chill on race day. Best of luck on your recovery.

Been down in bed for 3 days this week with a sore throat and generally feeling like a dead person. Even with all above remedies I still had to see dock and get real meds................:((

Still not working though.