[Event] Magoebaskloof Classic

EZRider

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone tell me what the terrain is like?

Mainly undulating forestry roads, with some single track. Similar environs to Sabie

Mainly undulating forestry roads, with some single track. Similar environs to Sabie

Going to be wet Kosmo, it's been raining in the mountains!

can anyone tell me what the terrain is like?

Like kosmo says: not very technical, mainly jeep track through forestry and indigenous bush.

Probably a bit muddy this weekend, but what the route may lack in technical riding it makes up for with spectacular views, awesome climbs, fast descents and sections through the second biggest natural forest in the country.

It's going to be great.

Going to be wet Kosmo, it's been raining in the mountains!

Will be beautiful tho.Azeleas in the mist

Does the ride still go thru the tea plantations?Are they still there

Will be beautiful tho.Azeleas in the mist

Does the ride still go thru the tea plantations?Are they still there

Tea plantations are back after a very dodgy few years after the land reclamation. Good to see something up and running as it sort of should.

The race hasn't gone through the tea for a few years now, most of it is higher in the mountain than the old route.

The start is now at Stanford Lake College who have taken over the management of the event but they have worked with David Beard, the route designer, so expect something similar to the last few years with a bit more single track in the mix.

Tea plantations are back after a very dodgy few years after the land reclamation. Good to see something up and running as it sort of should.

The race hasn't gone through the tea for a few years now, most of it is higher in the mountain than the old route.

The start is now at Stanford Lake College who have taken over the management of the event but they have worked with David Beard, the route designer, so expect something similar to the last few years with a bit more single track in the mix.

I have vivid memories of plummeting down through the green fields and riding over a carpet of Jacaranda flowers

This will be my first Magoebaskloof Classic and I'll be doing it on my SS. Going to be using a very friendly climbing gear.

Ultimate Respect to you!

Post on how it went.

Hey Ray.

Due to a death in the Family on my Wifes side, extended family all arriving as we speak from Windhoek I am here in PTA and not in the hotel in Magoebaskloof.:(

Hope you have a good race and also the organisation goes well.

Was realy looking forward to catching up with you afterwards for a coffee at the hotel.

We are planning for Sabie :)

Good luck to all the Hubbers racing.

Hey Ray.

Due to a death in the Family on my Wifes side, extended family all arriving as we speak from Windhoek I am here in PTA and not in the hotel in Magoebaskloof.:(

Hope you have a good race and also the organisation goes well.

Was realy looking forward to catching up with you afterwards for a coffee at the hotel.

We are planning for Sabie :)

Good luck to all the Hubbers racing.

Hi Nick I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Will be thinking about you on the hill. It's going to be wet!

See you at Sabie!