Better quality Hubs?

Neg

Mr/Mrs Neg, please listen to armpies.

This is stellar advice.

If you need help ordering just ask.

You will be much happier with superstar hubs comapred to novatec (not anything wrong with them but just low end) I say this as im assuming your reason to get new wheela is to UPGRADE.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr/Mrs Neg, please listen to armpies.

This is stellar advice.

If you need help ordering just ask.

You will be much happier with superstar hubs comapred to novatec (not anything wrong with them but just low end) I say this as im assuming your reason to get new wheela is to UPGRADE.

not to upgrade.... i just DONT HAVE wheels at the moment and looking to buy a set....

So who is best to buy the Hoops from and who is best to buy the components such as spokes, nipples and hubs from and what to buy? its for a Giant XTC and doesn't the rear spacing come into play for the rear axel???

I've left about 5 messages for him in the past about other related bike questions. But he never returns my calls... i even wanted to buy a set of XT V- breaks from him...

Any way.... Anyone else you can recommend?

Edited too...

Edited by Tumbleweed

not to upgrade.... i just DONT HAVE wheels at the moment and looking to buy a set....

So who is best to buy the Hoops from and who is best to buy the components such as spokes, nipples and hubs from and what to buy? its for a Giant XTC and doesn't the rear spacing come into play for the rear axel???

What is it that you want from the wheels?

So...

buy Rims on line - best online shop?

buy Hubs online- best online shop? Superstar?

buy spokes + nipples online? best online shop?

Get local guy to build them.... ??

Tumble- Im a heavy rider..... 115kgs. and ride hard... so they NEED to take a serious Pounding!!!! id like a wheel set around the 1900g mark but maybe im being to optimistic.... I rode my giant Anthem with P-XC wheels, 2.2kgs HARD and they seemed fine.... so anything as good or better for R4500 will be magic. :)

Edited by Neg

Anyone else but him...

There is more to this story but that's for another time....... :( maybe never.... i did post it but then edited..... my bad.!

So...

buy Rims on line - best online shop?

buy Hubs online- best online shop? Superstar?

buy spokes + nipples online? best online shop?

Tumble- Im a heavy rider..... 115kgs. and ride hard... so they NEED to take a serious Pounding!!!! id like a wheel set around the 1900g mark but maybe im being to optimistic.... I rode my giant Anthem with P-XC wheels, 2.2kgs HARD and they seemed fine.... so anything as good or better for R4500 will be magic. :)

Am a wee bit biased, but give some of the cheaper Mavic wheelsets a look. Am not as heavy but have thumped some of their wheels around. Generally, they have come out of it better than me.

Can you recommend any specific rim models eg SL etc....

There is a set on SL Mavic wheels for sale but price is out of my range.

Know where i can sell my kidney? :whistling:

:lol:

XT are also very good but not as blingy.

I'd save up till you have the money for a good set of hubs.They will last for many many years.

Am a wee bit biased, but give some of the cheaper Mavic wheelsets a look. Am not as heavy but have thumped some of their wheels around. Generally, they have come out of it better than me.

Can you recommend any specific rim models eg SL etc....

There is a set on SL Mavic wheels for sale but price is out of my range.

XM 719 are strong.

So...

buy Rims on line

buy Hubs online

buy spokes + nipples online

Tumble- Im a heavy rider..... 115kgs. and ride hard... so they NEED to take a serious Pounding!!!! id like a wheel set around the 1900g mark but maybe im being to optimistic.... I rode my giant Anthem with P-XC wheels, 2.2kgs HARD and they seemed fine.... so anything as good or better for R4500 will be magic.

Yes yes and yes.

I'm 105 kg and I also ride hard. Any of the 4 following wheels will be strong enough for you.

Spank subrosa

Ztr flow

Wtb frequency i23

Ztr arch ex

All are available online through various sources.

Oh crap. One q. 6er 9er or 650ber?

Subrosa is only sixer. Flow is all 3. Wtb is I think 6er and 9er

Anyway. But the hubs and spokes online together with the nipples and let a local guy (tumbles / dangle / whoever) build them or build them yourself.

You will get a wheelset at perhaps 60% of the local price, thanks to the distributors ripping us a new one.

Its for a 29er XTC

So who online? a local on line like CWC someone like CRC?

whats wrong with buying a complete wheel set on line?